What are my best options? Broken leaf spring.

bigrene_82

Hello everybody! I’ve been here a while but this is my first time posting. I have a 2000 GMC Savana 2500 with a bad rear sag. One of my leaf springs seem to be cracked so I know I have to replace them and might as well lift it while I’m doing it. I need to know what’s my best option here? New leaf springs and blocks? I’ve read about people doing suburban 2900lbs leaf springs swap but is that possible with my van or is for the newer 2003 and up vans? The extra weight capacity would be nice. I’m looking for maybe a 3”-4” lift. Planning on doing spring spacers in the front.

I found these, has anybody ordered from them before?

https://www.generalspringkc.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=22-907V&CartID=1

I’m sure somebody has already answered these same question on another thread but I’ve searched and found no straight answer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Lots of info in this thread.

For the front, I went with taller Moog coil springs (from 81012 to 81008) in the front as I'm not fond of spacers. For the rear, I went with custom leaf springs from Weldtec with a 3" lift adjusted to the weight of my van. I'm sure any good spring shop can have them done for you.

I have yet to fully test drive it as the van is still in the shop for other upgrades but from the intial "un-aligned" drive it was very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater