What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Got everything I need out of the green XJ and discovered it had Old Man Emu springs - score! Will end up with 3" lift including new extended bump stops, YJ brake lines, RS9000XL shocks for the front, JK shocks for the rear with longer shackles and spacers ready to install over the Christmas break.

Lift is in, exactly 3" front and 2.5" rear - will drop my shackles down another inch to make it 3".

Small but noticeable vibes over 80km/h under load so I'll install my Rubicon Express transfer case drop when I fit the bash plates I picked up from the green Jeep.

Took it for a wheel in the Blue Mountains. Suspension is flexing up great but still need to make some adjustments.

urupa4aq.jpg

I added a Curt Mfg class 3 hitch. My 98 xj is a sport model. It didn't come with a hitch. The "30minute install time" turned in to about 2hrs because the weld nut plate inside the passenger frame rail was in too rusty of a condition to use for mounting points IMO. So...I ended up cutting a 1" wide slot out of the floor pan above the plate to remove it. Then I just used regular nuts and bolts to mount both sides.

I'm just getting started in my expo rig build. I have Ruffstuff chassis stiffeners on the way.

Brian

Modeler

W1DCS
Found out that while I was away in Cali visiting our son and daughter-in-law that my sister-in-law moved the Jeep while shoveling the driveway. All well and good, except she left the headlights on and obviously killed the battery (Diehard Platinum AGM). Tried charging it with my AGM compatible charger and it keeps erroring out.

Removed the battery and brought it inside to see if it will charge after it warms up a bit (in the low 20s today). I think it is still under warranty too.

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
You'll need to parallel charge it to get it to recover. Take a second battery (not in vehicle) and hook up a set of jumper cables from battery to battery, then hook up the charger. It'll take a bit longer to charge than normal but it's how I was taught to recover heavily drained agm batteries.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Took the jeep out to the trail to start the new year. The jeep also rolled over 10,000 miles while out on the trail.
A bit later I experienced a different kind of rollover.........

As a passenger in my friends very non-expo Toyota.

pic036_zpsf6ccffa3.jpg

Riding shotgun
pic122_zps2330196c.jpg

Thanks to 5 points we were both fine, with just a few scratches from the broken glass
pic128_zps67ae97db.jpg

Winched back over, pulled the plugs, cleared out the oil, and started her up. Drove it out. Now it will start a new life as a buggy. I'm going to keep the jeep in as good of shape as I can for a long time.

pic156_zps14599e62.jpg

pic012_zps49fd3bc6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach