What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

OlScratch

Finished up the tailgate rack and aev roof rack, my new tuffstuff rtt is just waiting patiently...
b0d8b4b9676f2adf81189fa04f8bca47.jpg
98cdfc8ec85ecf22d75f9638c8fa967b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Mood lighting...

Adding on to the LED lighting extravaganza, I added a strip of LED lights across the sound bar. Wired to B+/B- through a dimmer switch (gutted from the box it came in).
May replace the LED strip with multi color to use red at night. Because every dispersed camping area needs a red light district... :elkgrin:

Attachments

• Strip-light.jpg
    Strip-light.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Strip-light-switch.jpg
    Strip-light-switch.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 51

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
seems everyone's doing LEDs lately!

i'll add mine to the list - rear hatch window mounted camp area light, full writeup here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4595

i went with the brightest strip i could find in 4500k natural white, black PCB, waterproof and adhesive backed - then used a dimmer/off switch this time instead of also having a red strip. this way i can just turn it on very dim if needed and not ruin my night vision. the dim setting is also good for just leaving it on all evening while at the camp fire so i can find my rig again in the dark but not use a ton of battery power.

WAIT! What happened to the WJ? :eek:
I read this post about 3 times before I figured out you bought a JK.
Bitter Sweet.
On one hand, your WJ is awesome. On the other hand, I can't wait to see what you have in store for the JK.

Mitch502

Explorer
Repaired my winch line from where I pulled it out too far back in November. Silver it's good, blue is good, red is getting close, and hot pink means that I'm on the last roll on the drum. Colors are based on what I can see while I'm on the driver's seat.

AdidasCJ

Observer
Replaced my leaky stock radiator.

Also decided to bypass the radiator loop for the tranny lines and just run the aux cooler.

AND installed the JKS quicker disco's.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Started building my fridge enclosure.

This enclosure accomplishes a few things. 1. It keeps people out of the fridge when the top is off. Obviously it's wood so we're just keeping honest people honest. 2. Allows me to store my camp stove above the fridge and take advantage of that space. 3. It keeps items that are stacked up from falling behind the fridge when the fridge is pulled out. (most important)

Photo of the Coleman stove on top of the enclosure. I'll bungee it down.

I drilled out some 2" vent holes so the fridge can properly breath. I'll be installing gutter mesh on the inside to keep debris (dog hair) from getting sucked into the fridge.

The glue is currently curing, but in the end the enclosure will sanded and finished in the same BEHR Deck Over paint at the box. This stuff is extremely tuff. The enclosure attaches to the slider using 6 1/4x20 T nuts and still allows me perfect access to the trap door so I can reach anything stored in the factory cubby under the drawer. Also the power cord will be attached via bungee so that it retracts when the fridge is pushed in.

Finally, I'll be fabricating a drawer that goes in the space under the fridge slider. This drawer will be nice a long, should hold plates, silver wear and any cooking utensils I'll need.

Mitch502

Explorer
Hope you put anti-sieze on them and greased em well. I didn't on my xj and they were toast after a year. :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

How was installation? I'm going to be installing mine on the ZJ this week probably...I know it's a easy job, but I've been avoiding it for some reason, lol.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
How was installation? I'm going to be installing mine on the ZJ this week probably...I know it's a easy job, but I've been avoiding it for some reason, lol.
Not bad but read the directions first. I didn't and had to take it apart because I put a couple bolts in facing the wrong way. And make sure your jeep is level side to side before starting.

AdidasCJ

Observer
Hope you put anti-sieze on them and greased em well. I didn't on my xj and they were toast after a year. :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have the snot on the bolts. and have not greesed the zeerks yet. (my greese gun decided it no longer wanted to work...)

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Nice job! What dimmer did you use?? Definitely need to add some red or a strobe or both!

LOL! Yeah a strobe light would get people talking...
I used this dimmer, and just deleted the box.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Dimmer-Switch-for-LED-Strip-Light-12V-8A-Mountable-with-Terminals-/251985183083?hash=item3aab7cc16b:g:AvMAAOSwiYFXFCAU
It's a small PCB with a plug in connector, and the pot is soldered with a short lead, so it all fits up inside the light bar.

BTW: Digging your fridge surround. :beer:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal