What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

profdlp

Adventurer
I thought that too, but then it is a lot easier to get a jack out when the vehicle is elevated. I don't think they were being nice.

Same thing happened in the same way to a neighbor of mine about a dozen years ago. I agree, the blocks just made it easier to do. I'd also guess that more than one person was involved, probably doing both sides at one end and then the other. These people deserve to be horsewhipped.

redveloce

Adventurer
Installed a set of leather WJ seats that I got for $40 at the local yard. I know, very out of place in a Wrangler, but they're SO nice and it only takes 2 minutes to swap the cloth ones back in for summer/open driving.

CAM00002_zpsbddd2178.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Installed some new lights. Seward Offroad Twin 2 18 watt 4 Cree LED Flood offroad Lamps. Way bright... and very well made. Super price too. 1200 Lumens

Put a set of their Twin T-2 6 Cree LED Spot pattern driving lights on the WK too. 1600 Lumens

Mounted my garage door opener...

I used a little momentary switch from an old laptop. Mounted the remote with some good velcro, to make battery changes easy. Might upgrade the switch later, it is a bit tiny!

Attachments

• 2013-10-26 21.30.15.jpg
    2013-10-26 21.30.15.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 2013-10-26 21.32.36.jpg
    2013-10-26 21.32.36.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 51

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
How do you find the glare om your hood with those mounted up there?

I had a set of KC lights up there before, and it was not an issue. Worked well enough, but these are brighter and should work better with a nice bright white light.

Should be non existent considering he has 3 feet of roof to block his hood

Not quite 3 feet, more like 2 maybe, but it has the same effect. I have only had them on there since yesterday, so no testing yet. I will get it out tonight and see how well they work, as well as do some adjusting. The spot beam driving lights worked amazing. I was out last night in the WK, and was impressed with how bright they are. I aimed them low so hopefully they do not bother oncoming drivers or people I am behind. No flashes last night, so I probably have them set in a good spot.

Light quality is very white with a little blue, I seriously need to swap out my stock headlamp bulbs for some ultra white IPA's or something now...lol, the Halogen looks yellow compared to the Cree LED's.

en480c4

Observer
I posted this elsewhere but figured a lot of people here might be interested. I used a thread elsewhere based on the older style tops as the basis for the install on the hardtop on my 2012, but found that the hardtop change in 2011 that added an outer ridge changed my plans. I ended up trimming my 60" Thule rails by one hole. I used the area in front of the inner cross member where the top is 3 layers thick as my starting point, and drilled there from the inside. This aligned with the 5th hole back from the front on the tracks. The holes were 2 1/4" out from the first rib that runs front to back on the top, and it put the track right between the new outer ridge on the 2011+ tops and the first inner rib. For anyone who goes with the Thule setup, the M5x40mm bolts are way too long. I went to Lowes and bought 12 10-24x3/4" stainless steel bolts and nylock nuts. They fit the same size hole, but are about half as long and kept me from having to trim the bolts inside the top. The bolts are plenty long enough to go through the area where the top is two layers thick and are just long enough to get through the 3 layer area and catch the nylon part of the nut. The pattern I used for the bolts (X for bolt, O for open hole) was X X O X X O O X O X. I wanted the extra bolts up front for any uplift from the box I'm going to be using, and the two open in a row are because of the wide inner cross member.

I only got the rails on... The towers/bars are going to go on soon. The towers/bars were last used on my LJ, so it's set up for the tracks being far closer together than what I have now. So it'll just take some adjusting to get things to come together.

The overview shots were taken holding my phone well above eye level. With the 3.5" lift and 35s, it would be difficult to even see them. This makes me happy, because if I take the setup off, the tracks aren't even noticeable.

Overall shot. You can't even tell they're there.

null_zps848bdcdb.jpg

View from the back corner.

null_zpsdc48f516.jpg

View from above.

null_zps3fd9f180.jpg

Closeups showing where they land relative to the top's profile.

From the front.

null_zpsc955efe0.jpg

From the back.

null_zps7e5d45c1.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to space down my Hotheads or modify them with openings at the bolt locations. Oh yeah, and order the Inno Shadow 16 box in matte black. Gotta love free Prime shipping from Amazon!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach