What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

swift7777

°.lllllll.°
A crap ton of snow in the Northeast called for some new tires. Cooper ST 265 75 16 C Load - in a word " meaty ".

tires-01.jpgtires-02.jpggrill-01.jpg

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Added a set of Rigid SRM backup lights with JK specific mounts that attach to the top of the factory tail lights. I rattle canned the light housings to match my jeep (Anvil) and mounted the 3 way switch on the a-pillar... an idea I happily lifted from DallasJKU's build thread (thank you!).

As I mentioned, it's a 3 way switch which supports constant on, off and on when reverse lights are on. I can finally back out of my driveway with confidence when leaving for work at zero dark hundred. Bonus they will be great to have during the inevitable setting up camp in the dark.

Mount location (driver side):
16512217088_a47d97588b_c.jpg

Switch location (a-pillar):
16673861756_eaa405bf13_c.jpg

Before:
16709290202_f52e685fce_c.jpg

After:
16709066261_ed918b96fa_c.jpg

Rear view 1:
16512401340_92818a4548_c.jpg

Rear view 2:
16503059387_015b710987_c.jpg

Mitch502

Explorer
By everything I was reading online, my ZJ and the donor XJ transfer case should have been a direct swap. But, alas, the 5.9 proves to be unique.

I began a transfer case swap, hopefully be completed tomorrow afternoon. Had to stop for work.

Shoeman

Observer
IMG_0045.jpg
Put some Treadwright Axiom's on it. 215/85-16. Excellent in snow and greasy roads. Got to wait for mud season for that testing parameter.

Another weekend road trip last weekend... joined up with 30 others this time around though:

Played a bit more with the gopro (running as a dashcam this time around):

above is video 1 of 6 - it should play all 6 in the series, or you may have to jump out to youtube.
Simple trail (stock friendly), but a fun day out. The 'action' in the video is pretty much clips 4, 5 & 6 of the playlist.

Bob Freda

Adventurer
I just finished up my auxiliary lighting. I think I'm getting used to working in sub freezing tempetures, it was colder in the garage than outside in the sun at 23*.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spring MUST be right around the corner .

mclovinal

I mostly installed a Swag Offroad drop-down tailgate. It is pretty cool, gives me more usable workspace. I haven't installed the new latch, and I still have to drill out and re-tap one of the bolts holes, but it's on there.

kmlacroix

Explorer
I went out for a ride and saw this. The Subaru was 20 feet down a 200+ foot hillside. Whoever was in it was very lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 32

rlynch356

Defyota
small stuff.. 2 usb dongle sockets in the dash top bin and a garmin hardwire - mounted to the back "wall" of the bin. Pretty easy to miss unless your looking for it. Cleans up the cords and gives me power for eventual expansion (iPad for nav, etc) and provides access for the Icom Ham radio control head as well.

Also got the Hi-lift mounted to the ARB bumper on my Defender..and wired the fridge but i digress...

next up is the Baja rack install (tomorrow). Then i'm out of parts for projects :)

Portal_Old

It rains EVERY day
Continued my research regarding the final gear ratio (axle) that I will want for a tire size I haven't finalized yet. The internet has too many opinions haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk