What does the optimal lift consist of?

so here is the question for a 4 dr wanting a 2.5 inch lift what does th optical kit concept of,. let me clarify
the purpose is to gain minor height for bigger tires ( 35) and more ground clearance but not too high
improve ride over stutter bump trails

and improve up travel and droop

So i know you need at least adjustable track bars cols decent longer travel shocks longer brake lines and ?

but what other elements do you need a drag link steering correction drive shaft?

and what kits in general are out there that supply all of these components
I think rock krawler and aev and may be OME these others?
mopar?

what parts to stay away from

Honestly, on a JK, coils and shocks are sufficient. Longer track bars aren't going to hurt anything, but you're not going to have any real issues with the stockers either.

Stock brake lines are sufficient too. That being said, if you plan to be spending any major time off-road, I'd replace them with metal ones anyways, but more for durability than any wheeling requirements.

Last time I checked, the Mopar kit was built by AEV, although I COULD be wrong there. That being said, if I were lifting a JK today, I'd go with AEV or ARB/Old Man Emu kits. Best of the best out there, in my opinion. I've been running an OME kit on my TJ since 2010, and it's been nothing but fantastic.

And that being said, a JK can fit 35"s with nothing but spring spacers. You don't need to get too crazy with it-but getting crazy never hurt either.

onetraveller

Adventurer
The Mopar kit is not an AEV kit. It's a mixture of Teraflex, Fox, and other components. It's a decent kit and includes a new driveshaft.

There are lots of little pieces that should be added to a kit, but that aren't strictly required: extended brake lines, adjustable front track bar, rear track bar bracket (axle side), bump stops sized for your shocks and tires, flipped steering stabilizer to keep it from hitting on the rocks, geometry correction brackets or front adjustable control arms for camber correction, adjustable sway bar links, sway bar disconnects for non-Rubicon, exhaust spacers or new driveshaft for clearance, etc.

These are the two kits that are currently highest on my list if I were to redo my setup. I'm about 70 percent of the way to the Northridge kit currently.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/suspension/9-complete-kits-short-arm/0-2-lifts/old-man-emu-jk-long-travel-lift-kit?

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangler-3-5-OME-Duroflex-Suspension-System-p/7118.htm

Mike

Last edited:

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
IMO, 2.5" is too short for a true 35" tire unless all you do is drive around town. You might get away with it but you'll have to do your homework on wheel backspacing and the difference in diameters of different tires. I'm running an OME medium heavy kit on my JKUR with an added Terflex track bar bracket and some brake line drop/lift brackets. It's a great suspension setup for overall use and weight handling but I think 34" is tops with the factory fenders and my use. I couldn't be happier with my OME suspension. It handles much better then stock with the added rear track bar bracket.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I'm running the MetalCloak Game Changer which has everything I could want for my needs. It replaces all 8 CA's, with track bars and brake lines. I got the 2.5" to run with my MCE flat fenders. I chose 37" KO2's and IMO its the prefect combo for my needs. Not too high to really affect steering or getting into. It has all the flex I could want while providing a very nice on road ride.

IMG_0074.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal