What happened to Sahara Tan for JKs?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know the official reason Sahara Tan is no longer being offered? It seemed extremely popular. Was there an issue with the paint vendor? Will it be back for 2013?

mrshish

Observer
I think it was limited run in 2011 and they had extra so continued it for the 2012 until it ran out. I wanted the tan since I wasn't happy with the current selection but ended up with white instead.

Next year we will probably see more colors since I heard the tsunami in Japan damaged a lot of the pigment factories.

BrettDez

Overland Explorer
Many colors in the auto industry have been discontinued due to the loss in production following the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.

Sahara Tan and Cosmos Blue are two such colors off the top of my head.

Luckily I got my Cosmos Blue while still available. :wings:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Nasty? Take a look at this. I don't see any nasty. :)

IMG_3503.jpg

h20squirter

Supreme Allied Commander
from what I have heard its due to the tsunami in Japan. Im bummed, as I just now am in the position to get a JKU and that is my top color by far. Been told by every dealer good luck, so guess i'm gonna have to go with usual color, black. :mad:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Beowulf:
That's my truck! I love the color- and I used (notice I used) to hate brown or a brown tint on a truck. No more. I get more compliments on this trucks color than I have any Land Rover I ever owned.
You can still find this color around.
Go to the AEV site under New Trucks for sale.
There is (or was just a short few weeks ago) a Tan AEV for sale in the upper mid west. (somewhere in Michigan or Illinois).
D

schmugboy

Observer
I have to agree, I think Tan was/is one of the better colors options. Oh well, I'm not aloud to buy a new one anyway, so it won't affect me to much.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
The more tan the better :)

Attachments

• snorkle 8274.JPG
    snorkle 8274.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 28
  • snorkle tire carrier 37s.JPG
    snorkle tire carrier 37s.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 33

Inline6

Adventurer
I get more complements on my 11 Sahara Tan.

Was going to compare to something, but I just get people everywhere complementing it. Also almost always looks clean.

I like the tsunami comment.

Frank

Explorer
If I bought a JK today, tan would be my first choice, white my second.

Jeep being a sponsor, I wish they would chime in a bit more on threads such as this. Im sure they have folks who monitor social media sites such as this...

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
When I speced out my JK in late July tan was still available, when I ordered it first week August it was discontinued. Dealer told me later that the last ones that were ordered in tan were actually made in black because they run out of tan. :smilies27 Oh well, love my white one :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal