What mpg are you guys getting?

echo7tango

Road tripping, overlanding
Consistently 15-16mpg in town, 13-14 off road (even with a lot of low range usage). As high as 18mpg highway if I'm going slow enough, as low as 13 highway if everything is working against me and I'm going really fast.
My JK is tall and heavy. But having a manual trans is probably a big help over the crappy auto that came with the weaker 3.8.

Initially I was corcerned about just running the white rim trail, but got back to town with over half a tank left. Range hasn't been much of an issue as long as I'm using my brain.

null_zps8bc6790e.jpg

I don't want to hijack the thread. Came here to ask one quick question:

Hi Brian, what is that on your roof? Have never seen that before, is that a RTT? Kind of looks like one, but at the same time it looks different.

Back on point, I keep a fuel log in my rig (new rig, only 4,000 miles so far). I log every gallon I put in. I think I'm averaging 23-25 mpg overall but will report in with actual data. I do know that I got 30 mpg on the highway at 65mph, and also got 36 mog at 55mph. It's a 2014 Diesel Grand Cherokee.

ETA: jscusmcvet, Semper Fi!

Last edited:

marcall

Observer
2004 Wj 4.0 245-75R16 skids, IRO sliders, reciever hitch, cut fenders aproximately 13.5 combined. Best ever on highway was 16.5 and worst in town 9.5. The overhead generally gives me around 13.? in town and 15.8 or so highway. iPhone app is just slightly less.

*edit* hilly AZ/NM highways at 75-80mph...in town Granny driving at the speed limit also 2.5 lift and 3.55 gears

Mr.T

MPH MPG [summer highways]
55 ~20
65 ~19
75 ~17

City, winter, and off-road MPG average between 7 and 17 MPG depending on the usual variables.

2008 JK Rubi, 4.10 gears.
33" tires [GY Adventure AT, 285-70/17]
2" OME lift.
Extra weight of skid plates, sliders, and bumpers.

Very happy with the tires -- good off-road and good on the highway. MPG is essentially the same, or slightly better than it was stock (BFG KM tires).

Last edited:

nismo4x4

Observer
I daily drive my bone stock 14 jku sport. I drive about 84 miles per day for my work commute about half interstate, half rural highway...I average 25mpg calculated. Im loving it! Though I know as soon as my tires are worn out its going to start a decent down..haha

Its a 6 speed with the 3.21 axle...but it has a locker!

corprin

Adventurer
Lifted, tires, bumper, roof rack, full weight of camping gear, and dragging a small military traler.

27.6mpg @ 70mph on the cruise

:D

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I have a friend with the diesel Patriot. I've suggested parking the Patriot at my house when they go for their two week vacation.
You know, just to make sure it isn't stolen or vandalized... :elkgrin:
Now he won't even let me open the hood. :(

Tdog02

02 TJ Sport, 4.0 with 3 speed auto and 3.73 gears. I am averaging mid 15's mpg with 30's or 31's on daily driver duty. My speed is between 60-70, with AC going now I'm around 14.5mpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL