What to look for 1996 LR Discovery 1

Exploder
Sounds more like a grand, tops. I paid $1500 for my '96. She wasn't perfect, but I've only spent a few grand on her since '11.

dcarr1971

Adventurer
Sounds more like a grand, tops. I paid $1500 for my '96. She wasn't perfect, but I've only spent a few grand on her since '11.

Probably less than $1k unless it's truly rust free. Maybe a little more if it's a 5-Speed.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Had the same thing happen when I was looking for a Jetta TDI. Its weird. You can't even wash the stupid thing nor tell me it has a check engine light on!!?? I know its not going to be perfect but lets cover the basics here.

Keep searching. They are out there. Too bad you aren't in Georgia. Our local independent LR shop has like, 6 D2's they are trying to sell. Each truck has been worked through and are pretty nice.

zelatore

Explorer
Well, if you're willing to travel to the Sacramento area I can point you at another candidate....PM me if you want a phone number.

TrailsEnd

intothewild: Are you by chance on northwestoverland.com? I know someone from that site getting ready to sell their D1 that's in great shape. He lives in WA, and basically bought another D1 and is moving parts over at this point. I can help you guys get connected if you are interested.

Derek

intothewild

Adventurer
I am registered on NWoverland, but haven't been a huge poster, mainly browse the classifieds/post some items for sale here and there. Seems like a great group of people, just haven't had the time to take full advantage of getting to know people/go to gatherings (damn job/2 year old) :).

Thanks for all the help and recommendations guys. Looks like I found a rig that we are going with. Not a LR, but a super clean, well cared for Tahoe that had both my dad and mom wishing they were buying it. Ha.

I would still love to grab a disco sometime down the road, this just wasn't the time apparently!

intothewild

Adventurer
They're great rigs, I've had a couple 96-98 Silverado's, and regretted selling both! Also grew up around them, so they're engrained in my blood, and I always feel nostaligic around them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete