What tow bar woud fit these brackets

trirsquared

Bought a 87 Samurai that had previously been a tow vehicle. I'd like to tow it at time as well but not sure what tow bar would fit these brackets? Most of the two bars appear to have the tow bar brackets mounted horizontal vs the two vertical holes in these brackets. The inside distance between the brackets is about 22-1/4". Outside to outside is 23".

Or am I missing something obvious?

Link to the image as it's rather large:

http://www.imgur.com/MJRyG.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not a tow bracket. That looks more like the bracket that the optional brush guard mounted to. I have one of those laying around too.

It MIGHT be stout enough to tow from, but I can't think of any factory-made tow bar that it's going to connect up with. I can't remember how that bracket connects to the truck.

If you are considering towing, I'll be selling my Blue Ox Samurai tow bar shortly, hopefully in a few weeks. It's made to work with the factory bumper, works with the Blue Ox line of tow bars.

I'm having a new bumper fab'd up right now, with bolt-on Blue Ox tow tabs added. Once it's powder-coated, I'll be selling the tow bracket.

unionmine

Those are the exact brackets I had for my brushgard I don't remember the company I know they were out of So Cal. Tow bars turn up on Craigslist
I've seen them under auto part and under RVs for around $75 dollars

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not a tow bracket. That looks more like the bracket that the optional brush guard mounted to.
:iagree:

They are, in my experience, strong enough to tow off of due to the light weight of the Samurai. And on my truck, I was able to fab a couple of tab mountings to hook up the Rocky Road towbar to the brushguard using two pins held by sturdy hairpin clips.

P1000982-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3