What would you pay? GX

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
Yes they can go fast. I wanted a 1st Gen Tundra before I bought my Tacoma. I'm 150 miles away from SLC where I was looking. Several I wanted sold within hours. There was one I was looking at that posted on a Friday evening. I called at 9 pm Friday and it was still unsold. Got up early next morning, drove to SLC and it was sold before I got there. I got tired of screwing with it so I bought my Tacoma. Everyone is looking for good used Toyotas trucks/SUVs. It's a sellers market.

Thank you!!
Lx(450, 470, 570) is basically a slightly fancier land cruiser 80, 100, and 200. The gx uses the same engine at least in the earlier models as the 100 series(2uz) but is 6-800 pounds lighter, and it's also shorter and narrower. I believe it's based on the land cruiser prado platform, which the 5th gen 4runner is similar to(I might be wrong). So in short- lx is bigger on the inside and out, very reliable but also very heavy, worse gas mileage. Gx is smaller, more nimble around town, better gas mileage, faster acceleration generally

JLee

Adventurer
Funny you mention the barn door, that and the lack of a 60/40 split 2nd row seat ended up killing the GX off my list. We needed to use the 3rd row option with car seats in play which case the 50/50 split just didn't work given my Land Cruiser had that also. Ended up with the 07 Sequoia given we can have a car seat in center position and the 40% flip can be flipped down for the 3rd row access. That and the extra width and 3rd row room ended up being the right choice with the Sequoia. The 4.7L is a nice engine I like ours its very smooth and pretty well set up. I haven't had any issues though it is overly sensitive and will trip an engine light for every little minor thing thats not totally perfect. I ended up getting a blue tooth OBD2 reader so I could read the codes that crop up on rare occasions and sort out whats being tripped and either clear it or go investigate etc. I think thats my only major complaint is that Toyota didn't really seem to give any tolerance to the sensors and systems for minor random changes that might occur and I've had about 5 codes over the past 5 yrs which all turned out to be nothing but for the unknowing it would have resulted in a visit to the dealer and probably a costly charge. Where as my $15 reader and app on my cell phone lets me sort it out in about 2 minutes time.

If the Barn door isn't doing it for you the V8 4runner is basically the same rig as the GX only you get a little better lay out space wise a proper hatch and a little wider range of aftermarket options.

This isn't 60/40?
04%20GX470Seatbak.jpg

Thank you!!

This was helpful for me when I was shopping: http://www.toyota120.com/html/lexus_gx470.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater