what's a d4d?

lugueto

Adventurer
I can vouch for the dependability, capability and fun of the SWB Prados. I own 2 SWB 90 series cruisers exactly like his. I also owned one LWB one before these.

I wouldnt worry about being tall, I'm 6'1" and fit in the 90 without any trouble

If I could get my hands on a SWB, manual, diesel cruiser, I would be ecstatic. Hell, if I could get a SWB cruiser with a 3.4 in it (or the 4.0 in the case of the 120 series being discussed) I would be all over it.

I really wouldnt care much for parts availability, as you can buy them online and be done with it, that would be an awesome car to have, chassis parts are compatible with 4Runners and the cool factor would decimate all. Sadly it has a stubborn 22.5k price tag..

Last edited:

JamesW

Adventurer
Whoever told you they pay that kind of money for them in europe is talking total garbage! Over here a 06 SWB manual d4d would fetch between €7k to €9k depending on condition,the auto ones would make a bit more because the manual box was generally in the base models,and the auto is a bit more sought after because they are getting to the age where the flywheels are starting to give up

A lot of people here swear by the pre-d4d engine,they were basic nearly 100% mechanical engines. My neighbour has one of the 06 model in LWB 6 speed,and it is lovely to drive,but they do seem a bit strangled cruising at 65,they will go faster than that without a problem,but you're getting out of the power range of cruising in a diesel. Being 6 foot 2 I don't think you'll struggle to fit,they seem made for tall people,I know because I'm short and I find it was made for taller people than me

Skinny

All of it is grey in terms of the law, make no mistake though...the feds will not be grey if THEY decide to do something about it. It's a shame because the rig is unique and would be cool to have just on being different round these parts :)

I went through this when someone asked me to help sell a rather large vehicle collection including half a dozen Skylines, Mazda 323 turbo AWD cars, etc. all of which were never sold NAS. I stopped once I started to read further into it. I also heard about issues when working on Land Rovers. You are seeing lots of Mercedes and Rovers come in but they are all within the age limit. Anything newer and you are opening yourself up to major liabilities between insurance and feds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad