Whats The Deal With Rover Racks?

FJ60Cruiser

Whats the deal with Rover Racks? Is it typical to get the run around with these guys and expect to have a nearly 4 month wait now for your order?

All I ordered was a simple "light protector bar" from them after being told an estimated two week wait period for arrival; in early September, which I eventually received after getting misled multiple times on when it would be done and shipping out. However, when it did finally arrive; in November, it was wrong. We had specifically discussed having limb riser tabs welded onto it, which I was told it comes with for free anyways. The one I was shipped did not have them. The light protector bar also did not fit properly with my Hella 4000 lights already mounted on my rack.

So, after contacting them and explaining this. I was told I would be getting a set of 'bolt on' limb riser tabs sent to me as well as a few spacer pieces made and sent with that order to move my Hella lights slightly to make the fitment better. Something that should not be necessary, but I agreed and said it would be fine. Not wanting to wait as long as I did the first time for them to build me another bar with tabs and proper fitment and go through the hassle of shipment with them.

However, still as of today I have yet to receive these little tabs and mounts. I call usually about once a week to get an update on this, and have been told throughout the weeks so far that they would be "Shipping in the morning" then the next week that they would be "Powdercoated in the morning along with a bunch of other small stuff" and recently that they had "Been shipped Friday and you should receive them within the next few days". That last quote being from Monday the 29th.

Now, it's gotten to the point where I'm lucky to get anyone to answer the phone at anytime of day. Which apparently is the case with multiple people as well since you get the message that the "Inbox is full".

RabidRover

Observer
I don't know ... had a similar experience. I just wanted a total amount confirmation before giving my credit card information and nobody returned my calls. I ended up with an ARB ... no regrets.

FJ60Cruiser

I don't know ... had a similar experience. I just wanted a total amount confirmation before giving my credit card information and nobody returned my calls. I ended up with an ARB ... no regrets.

Ugh.. yeah... I think I'm about to dispute the charges, seeing as I've received incomplete merchandise.

bat

Explorer
My friend has been waiting since July for his stuff, he called his credit card company and they are going to handle it.

Thor

Observer
maybe its a blessing... not incredibly attractive to my eye... not for my RR mk1 in standard issue or in 'oops I put my disco rack on my RR' form.

To each their own taste, I'm sure it works well.

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
Yeesh, what's the deal with companies lately? Crappy economy = crappy service?

I've been noticing a serious decline in customer service. I would have thought with a failing economy people would try harder at work, but maybe not. =/

Many small business's are in the death spiral and owners have just given up.
I'd be all over my credit card company to get charges reversed.
I have never done business with Rover Racks. Primarily because I have never heard anything positive about their product or service levels.

FJ60Cruiser

maybe its a blessing... not incredibly attractive to my eye... not for my RR mk1 in standard issue or in 'oops I put my disco rack on my RR' form.

To each their own taste, I'm sure it works well.

Not exactly a blessing when I've already paid for it.

Viggen

Just here...
I have never done business with Rover Racks. Primarily because I have never heard anything positive about their product or service levels.

Same here. I have never heard a nice thing about them or their product. There are other options out there for racks that a questionable company can be passed by without missing out too much.

NoLimitX

Sponsors
We had good luck with them on a 110 rack...and then contacted them in June about doing a custom rack for a 130 SW and another 110 rack, never heard back? Then they finally said they were too busy. I guess they don't need the work.

We got rid of the rack we got from them and have all Front Runner racks for our trucks.

James

No Limit Expeditions
www.NoLimitX.com

fishEH

Explorer
Geeesh! Too busy to make some racks for an expedition outfit. That sounds like a bad move, both economically and from a PR standpoint.
Dogs and cats living together, complete chaos!

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
A LR Dealer near me always has trucks on display with Rover Racks units on them. Maybe they have enough of these fleet type deals that they don't need the enthusiasts? I'm glad this thread came about because I was starting to think their LR3 rack looks pretty good... I'll pass. Front Runner or Baja Rack it is.

FJ60Cruiser

We had good luck with them on a 110 rack...and then contacted them in June about doing a custom rack for a 130 SW and another 110 rack, never heard back? Then they finally said they were too busy. I guess they don't need the work.

We got rid of the rack we got from them and have all Front Runner racks for our trucks.

James

No Limit Expeditions
www.NoLimitX.com

That is ridiculous. x_x

A LR Dealer near me always has trucks on display with Rover Racks units on them. Maybe they have enough of these fleet type deals that they don't need the enthusiasts? I'm glad this thread came about because I was starting to think their LR3 rack looks pretty good... I'll pass. Front Runner or Baja Rack it is.

Yeah, I have nothing bad to say about the quality, but I'll never suggest anyone buy from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online