Wheel adaptors

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
When I changed the axel of my cargo conversion, I used a Redneck Trailers 6 lug 3500 LB axel with 10" brakes.
I went with this so that it would accept the factory Tacoma wheels so I only had to carry a single spare..
IMGP0945-1.jpg

Now that I am switching to a 2000 Landcruiser 100 series tow vehicle with a bolt pattern of 5X150mm, I need to change the axel due to the fact nobody makes a six to five adaptor to pull this off and also the adaptor would have to be around 3" thick.
What I am wondering is, what is the best bolt pattern to start with to adapt to the 5X150 pattern? And where can I find a set of adaptors to use the Landcruiser wheels?
Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Drums

They do not make hubs/drums that are for the 5 X 150 bolt pattern. At least that I have found in the US suppliers.
Jeff

Woods

Explorer
I've used these guys and haven't found better prices: http://www.ezaccessory.com/

I'd call them. There are some gotcha's in selecting wheel adapters. I wouldn't buy them without getting an opinion from someone on the phone.

Let us know what the solution ends up.

ddog45

Adventurer
Im hoping to take all the guess work out of this for Jeff. I have the spacers and drums and even wheels if anyone wants to run 100 seriers wheels on a trailer that has 10 inch drums. It sounds easy to run a 100 series wheel on a trailer until you actually try, first 5 on 150mm must be writen in a language no one understands and the no back spacing issue leads to more problems, then you mix in the inch measurements that most hub makers use and you are instantly told it cant be done.

Last edited:

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Same problem as you...

Jeff,

I am facing the same dilemma as you are. I originally went with the 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern, and I am looking to change the bolt pattern to 5 x 150. From my limited understanding, there is not an SAE equivalent hub size to a 5 x 150, thus, I'm going to go with custom wheel adapters. Keep the original 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern and adapt it to 5 x 150. I did consider trying to scab some old 2nd generation Tundra hubs, but the custom wheel adapters are going to be the easiest/cheapest solution out there. I have been told that the 6 x 5.5 and 5 x 150 holes will overlap, therefore, the adapters are going to have to be 2 piece adapters. I have also heard that the adapters are the weak link in one's setup, however, my Sherpa II will be less than 2,000 lbs fully loaded so it should not be an issue...

Profile2.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Great minds think alike...One wheel for everything, trailer included. Well done.

Regards,

BWJ

jeetS

Anyone done this with hubs or without adding extra width which will force the tires outbound of the fenders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC