Where are the Sierra / Silverado Builds?

New to Overlanding and this forum. I’ve been working out plans to do a build out my 2014 GMC and have been surprised at how few examples I’ve found on here. Why aren’t there more people doing builds on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to Overlanding and this forum. I’ve been working out plans to do a build out my 2014 GMC and have been surprised at how few examples I’ve found on here. Why aren’t there more people doing builds on these?

Not quite sure. My ccsb '14 Sierra is pretty mild; 33s, Bilsteins, topper. It's my daily driver/work truck and travel vehicle. We don't have time to do the glamorous overlanding adventures, but it definitely sees some BLM roads out here on the weekends, and a little bit up into the mountains on FS roads, nothing hardcore.

What're your plans for your rig?

PackerBadger

just ordered a topper for my 18 Silverado likely a roof top tent next spring. Have some ideas in my head but always interested in other peoples ideas.

jbaucom

I don't know...maybe the owners are just out exploring and camping without posing their trucks for dozens of pictures ?‍♂️

I really enjoyed my Sierra, right up until it was totaled. I left the suspension stock, waiting for the shocks to wear out and need replacement, removed the air dam, added 275/70r17 A/Ts, a low bed rack for a basket and bike racks, and GM's aluminum engine skid plate to replace the plastic "splash guard". It went everywhere I wanted to go and never gave me any issues.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
They're here. Just gotta do some digging.

Not quite sure. My ccsb '14 Sierra is pretty mild; 33s, Bilsteins, topper. It's my daily driver/work truck and travel vehicle. We don't have time to do the glamorous overlanding adventures, but it definitely sees some BLM roads out here on the weekends, and a little bit up into the mountains on FS roads, nothing hardcore.

What're your plans for your rig?

Mine is the same with a leveling kit and 33s right now. Also have it has my daily driver so trying to work through how to overland responsibly…if that’s actually a thing.

Plans…hmmm… are you asking today or last night?
Currently it’s gonna be a 4” lift to bump up to 34-35”, shell / camper build out (high rise to get more head room), over cab rack for storage, bumper with additional work space, 270 awning, kitchen of some kind, rack for fly rods and some way to tow a raft. Started moving that way and then was surprised at how few products are on the market for a short bed crew cab 2014.

Overall I know that a trailer will work better for me than a tricked out truck but also am not sure I want to splurge on a trailer before trying the truck life.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Mine is the same with a leveling kit and 33s right now. Also have it has my daily driver so trying to work through how to overland responsibly…if that’s actually a thing.

Plans…hmmm… are you asking today or last night?
Currently it’s gonna be a 4” lift to bump up to 34-35”, shell / camper build out (high rise to get more head room), over cab rack for storage, bumper with additional work space, 270 awning, kitchen of some kind, rack for fly rods and some way to tow a raft. Started moving that way and then was surprised at how few products are on the market for a short bed crew cab 2014.

Overall I know that a trailer will work better for me than a tricked out truck but also am not sure I want to splurge on a trailer before trying the truck life.

Are you planning to tow the raft once you've arrived at the location or would you be towing it from the the start of the trip to the destination?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger