Where did you mount your 2M Antenna?

craig333

Expedition Leader
Not sure why so much hate for mag mounts. Mine has never come off, gets excellent reception. It was only going to be temporary but now I see no reason to cut a hole in my roof.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Not sure why so much hate for mag mounts. Mine has never come off, gets excellent reception. It was only going to be temporary but now I see no reason to cut a hole in my roof.

I agree. They offer flexibility. I can move mine from the mirror mount to the roof if I need a larger ground plane to reach out farther...I could possibly even get it 20 feet up in a tree (since I still have the 25' of cable coiled up in a big loop in the headliner. Also if the antennae hits a solid object it will just fall off instead of getting sheared at the base.
They seem to stick pretty well also. The 5/8 wave has stayed on at 100 mph in the Scout, I had a mag mount CB antennae about 24" tall that came off of my cars roof at around 130mph...that will get your attention.
All that being said I like the cleaner install of a permanent mount.

Darrell

Oldmancrash

Adventurer
I just like having my cables run in a more permanent fashion. I have used many mag mounts and never had a problem with them

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
this is how I have mine .....

20150321_123035.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad