Which fridge if money is no object?

roberto

Adventurer
I agree, compare sizes for your application, I have a BJ42 and bought the Waeco CF50 which is a great unit for price but think it is a little large for my BJ?

R

Rubicon Rich

Fridge/Freezers

I purchased two Engel 60's, one is the combi. I read all your statements and reviewed the aforementioned products. There is only one that goes down to 0 degrees F and that is the Engel. Also, the other compressors don't work unless they are pretty level, not so with the Engel. Also, the Engel compressor works better than the rest...check the specs. I have to vote for the Engel.
BTW, I made a mistake in buying the Engel 60's as they are too large for my jeep and better suited to my offroad trailer. I will be buying the Engel 45 Combi for the Rubicon.

dbolton

Observer
I have a Waeco 50 which I love. One thought about using a fridge in a 40 on trail runs - if you have or are contemplating a swing out bumper, most baskets marketed for these seem to be sized for three Wedco cans side-by-side.

The footprint of a Waeco fits perfectly:bigbossHL: .

Dan

hoser

Explorer
Rubicon Rich said:
There is only one that goes down to 0 degrees F and that is the Engel. Also, the other compressors don't work unless they are pretty level, not so with the Engel. Also, the Engel compressor works better than the rest...check the specs.
I respectfully disagree with all the above statements. Many if not all of the fridges that use the Danfoss BD35-F compressor can get down to 0 degrees and can operate at up to 30 degrees of an angle. This would include the National Luna, Waeco and Fridge Freeze compressors.

Superu

Explorer
Very pleased with my Engel 45. Although, a built in thermometer would be a nice feature to have. I use a cheapo digital indoor/outdoor thermo that I velcro to the transit bag. Works great!

rusty_tlc

Explorer
dbolton said:
I have a Waeco 50 which I love. One thought about using a fridge in a 40 on trail runs - if you have or are contemplating a swing out bumper, most baskets marketed for these seem to be sized for three Wedco cans side-by-side.

The footprint of a Waeco fits perfectly:bigbossHL: .

Dan
Another good point, I never considered hauling a fridge in a bumper rack.
Thanks.

rctr03

Adventurer
i have a arb 45 in the cherokee, engle 35 (from AT, thanks martyn) in the trailer and a engle 17 for the tj. the 35 is the raw meat locker, 45 is for drinks and fruit and veggies. 17 is perfect for the back of the tj with my son in the back seat.

jimmy

rusty_tlc

Explorer
rctr03 said:
i have a arb 45 in the cherokee, engle 35 (from AT, thanks martyn) in the trailer and a engle 17 for the tj. the 35 is the raw meat locker, 45 is for drinks and fruit and veggies. 17 is perfect for the back of the tj with my son in the back seat.

jimmy
The multi fridge option sound good too. I'd have to put a pencil to the cost.

AndrewP

Explorer
Borrowed fridges are a very good option too. Last year in DV I took a 45 for most food and drinks and a borrowed small engle for ice cream and a few other frozen treats.

In the end just buy one and use it. It's the best camping gear you can have. You will want it to fit into your 40.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
AndrewP said:
Borrowed fridges are a very good option too. Last year in DV I took a 45 for most food and drinks and a borrowed small engle for ice cream and a few other frozen treats.

In the end just buy one and use it. It's the best camping gear you can have. You will want it to fit into your 40.
I'm pretty much set on the 45 now, we just need to start watching for a deal. Just because money is no object doesn't mean I won't squeeze a nickle till the buffalo **********.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy