Which shocks and coils for my LJ?

ChemicalToilet

I had the Air Lift 1000 bags in my LJ when I had OME springs. I recently put Currie 4" heavy load springs in, which aren't progressive like they used to be. The Currie springs are slightly smaller in diameter so those bags won't fit (not right anyway). Don't think I will need them now anyway. The last few times I was on the trail I spent half the day under the Jeep fixing the bags. First 2 trips with them they worked flawlessly, but the last 2 I kept pulling the line off the passengers side bag when it flexed.

Roktoys84

Adventurer
I had the Air Lift 1000 bags in my LJ when I had OME springs. I recently put Currie 4" heavy load springs in, which aren't progressive like they used to be. The Currie springs are slightly smaller in diameter so those bags won't fit (not right anyway). Don't think I will need them now anyway. The last few times I was on the trail I spent half the day under the Jeep fixing the bags. First 2 trips with them they worked flawlessly, but the last 2 I kept pulling the line off the passengers side bag when it flexed.

I plan on running the air lines with the brake lines. I know my brake lines are long enough.

ChemicalToilet

I plan on running the air lines with the brake lines. I know my brake lines are long enough.

My problem was that the bag would lift up along with the coil and pull the line off. I tried playing with the lines a little to give it some slack but then I tore a line on a rock. It depends on where you wheel I guess, the jagged rocks in eastern PA reach up and grab things. Maybe these bags will work out better out on the slick rock out west.

Roktoys84

Adventurer
My problem was that the bag would lift up along with the coil and pull the line off. I tried playing with the lines a little to give it some slack but then I tore a line on a rock. It depends on where you wheel I guess, the jagged rocks in eastern PA reach up and grab things. Maybe these bags will work out better out on the slick rock out west.

Good to know, I'll keep an eye on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater