Which Toyota Bottle Jack Lifts Most/Highest?

deeve

Observer
I think am going with a Toyota style bottle jack for my 3.5 35" Jeep. The stock jack won't lift the Jeep and I do not have the AEV jack adapter. Rather than get the jack adapter, I was thinking of getting a bottle style jack. I have been going back and forth between a Safe Jack and the Toyota jack. I like the idea of no hydraulic fluid to worry about. I need to still measure the ground clearance with a flat, but I am thinking the Safe Jack might not fit under the axle with a flat, which I did not even think about until I read it on a thread here.

Is there a difference in the Toyota jacks as far as capacity and height lift? A good amount of the Toyota jacks I have seen come with all the bars and lug wrench. I think at least the older gen Tundra have 19mm lugs, which is a bonus since it matches the Jeep.

Oh hell...maybe I will just buy a Land Cruiser and get the jack for free ;)

Superduty

Adventurer
Ford Superduty jacks don't use hydraulic fluid. I don't know the lift height

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
I'm looking for a good recovery jack, but also want to be able to use it as the lifting power for a sliding-lift top shell.

Any pointers would be welcome

slidaweb2.jpg

Md11fan

Hmm. I had read about those. Why do you prefer that over the other options?

For me its simplicity.. plus the fact it lifts my fully loaded 8,300lbs van, no hydraulic fluid to leak anywhere, lifts close to 20", stows away pretty flat, doesn't weigh that much (about 15lbs) its surprisingly stable in the soft sand and worked good on the trail, i trust it 10x more then my old Hi lift!

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
If you shop around (eBay), you can find the H1 scissors jacks for as low as $30, some new or used milsurp, some brand new from AmGeneral (they bought the Hummer brand from GM). I carry one in my Dodge and added a selection of SafeJack adapters to the bag so that I can lift from just about any point under the truck. The H1 jack has a big knob where the pad would normally be (intended to engage the H1 control arms), and you can slip the SafeJack adapters over the knob with a sleeve of aluminum tubing to make up the small difference in diameters. And it's easy to raise and lower the H1 jack with a cordless drill or impact, saves a lot of time.

robert

Expedition Leader
If you shop around (eBay), you can find the H1 scissors jacks for as low as $30, some new or used milsurp, some brand new from AmGeneral (they bought the Hummer brand from GM). I carry one in my Dodge and added a selection of SafeJack adapters to the bag so that I can lift from just about any point under the truck. The H1 jack has a big knob where the pad would normally be (intended to engage the H1 control arms), and you can slip the SafeJack adapters over the knob with a sleeve of aluminum tubing to make up the small difference in diameters. And it's easy to raise and lower the H1 jack with a cordless drill or impact, saves a lot of time.

Which Safejack adapter are you using and how? I picked up one of the Hummer jacks probably two years ago when they were like $25/shipped but haven't messed with it.

As to the OP's question, I think I recall reading that the 4Runner jack is taller than the Tacoma jack but don't quote me on that. None of the junk yards around me have 4runners, I've been looking for one to measure.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I bought several of the SafeJack 6-ton adapters like the one below. I think I got the universal pad, the flat pad and the pinch-weld pad, maybe one other, so that I am prepared for pretty much anything you can do with a scissors jack. I don't remember the exact ID and OD measurements, but the knob OD on the H1 jack is about 1/8" smaller than the SafeJack adapter ID, so I slipped a short length of thinwall aluminum tubing (probably .060" wall) into each adapter with a dab of epoxy to keep it from falling out in the dirt. The aluminum is just thick enough to create an interference fit on the knob and it's in compression so strength is not an issue. And since I am getting lazy in my dotage, I also now carry an 18V impact wrench (Ryobi in this case) with a couple of lithium batteries and a charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Bag has a lug nut socket and one that fits the drive shaft on the H1 jack, and the driver will lift my Power Wagon with ease. I have also tested jacking with a 1/4" impact driver and that works, too, but slower.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I have a yellow bottle jack that has FORD stamped on it, I assume this is the superduty jack. I like it.

john61ct

Adventurer
No brainstorms on this Q?
I'm looking for a good recovery jack, but also want to be able to use it as the lifting power for a sliding-lift top shell.

Any pointers would be welcome

slidaweb2.jpg
Really would prefer straightforward simplicity, rather than wire rope & pulleys

deeve

Observer
No brainstorms on this Q?Really would prefer straightforward simplicity, rather than wire rope & pulleys
I would try posting in the trailer build forum. I think in the middle of this one isn’t really attracting the attention you’ll need. There is also tventuring forum as well that might help.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
I have a pair of Unijacks which I got a Home Depot for under $40 each many years ago. I always carry one in my truck and it's the only jack anyone ever uses when any of my friends need to lift up their vehicle on the trail. Everyone carries a hi-lift, but they are mostly for show and the factory bottle jacks do not have the stability of this one.

Saddle cradles frame really well, it adjusts upto 8" up for bigger trucks and locks out if you want to use it as a jack stand. Large foot print works remarcably well in sand and soft soil. Did I mention how stable it is.

Powerbuilt 6,000lbs unijack

9VDW5sbykk2S1VGyBVLrUYMss5T86FWrI6SCOrzO8Qcp0OpBUpfkpWB-n7J18kUWkvOUpxizMv1lhnpbKsLko-0TQH3N81rWLUigVCgtes5ALXmpzqCCr-rf_c0-tSF0ponAggLS8vbamYtsGgz5VeF1hotvC-_ns8Crbn7czt5GIh_fFXssyVdFuKHDQOd8VrNoWPTMJK2Ej1nJw38t=s1000-pd-e365-rw-pc0xffffff

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz