Which Verizon Hotspot?

I'm looking at getting a Verizon Hotspot (used from ebay or something) since they have the best coverage in So Cal. Does anyone have a specific hot spot router the like?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I've had a couple of verizon mifi's - my current one is the best so far - its the MiFi6620L

tarditi

Explorer
I never owned one, but had a buddy that would bring his MiFi and it worked great - just make sure it can handle the number of devices you intend to use - I think his could handle 4 and we used to have to take turns connecting and dropping off.

forty2

Adventurer
Check to see if your phone is hotspot capable and go with that. My last 4 Android phones have all had the ability, the last two natively. No additional costs involved, except the extra data you rack up of course.

uli2000

Adventurer
Another vote for going with the hotspot feature on your phone, unless you need more than 4 devices at a time running. If you do, go for the Jetpack AC791L. Has a battery that lasts 24 hours, supports up to 15 simultanious devices, it's unlocked so you can use it with any carrier in the US or internationally (probably wont get LTE though), and it has LTE band 4 (1700mhz) which Verizon is rolling out especially in major metro areas. Since there are few Verizon devices that have band 4 access, you may experience faster speeds than devices that dont have it.

I ended up buying a Novatel MiFi 4510L used from Amazon. I can't use my phone as a hotspot because I have Sprint (company work phone) and sprint sucks. My wife has Verizon, so we added it to her account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad