Wider Fender for CDN M101?

DevEmp

I recently did a spring over on my CDN M101 and changed the hubs to match my Jeep. I also put the same rims and tires (15X8 black steel rims with 33X12.5 BFG ATs) on the trailer... the problem I have now is that the fenders only cover about half the tire. I'm not real interested in throwing mud and rocks all over the back of my Jeep as well as on top of the trailer. Anyone have a source for some similar finders that are wider or am I going to have to find a metal fab shop to make some kind of extension to move the edge of the fenders out over the tires?

jomobco

Now Decanter
Probably not applicable but I found some m100 US round extended fenders that look stock at a local trailer parts place. I'll be there tomorrow and look.

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
durango_60 said:
I would, and plan to, contact AT to see if they will sell you some of their fine fenders.

We normally don't carry extras.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Possible to extend them by building a spacer of the same contour to fit between the fender's mounting lip and the trailer?

jomobco

Now Decanter
I talked to Kurt at Cowboy Metal here in Denver. New fenders out of 10 or 12 guage would run about $115 or so each. That should give you a starting point for your search in Vegas. It would probably be easiest to just give some one your old fenders and say I want this same thing but X inches wider.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Adding a few inches of sheet steel shouldn't be out of the reach of a competant friend with a welder and some metal working experience.I bet a cut down the center line of the fenders, adding several inch wide strip (to make up the width you need) and welding them back together wouldn't be that hard at all. Take your time to not warp the metal and you'd be good to go.

Here are some that I built using a friends tubing bender and some sheet metal bent over the tube structure. Might give you a few ideas.

I did have them powder coated for fun! :D

Ireland

Adventurer
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing to the same trailer and had some 14 gauge material bent to give me 13 inches of overall with x 51 inches long and well pics are worth many words so I will snap some later today and post up.

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Rezarf <>< said:
Adding a few inches of sheet steel shouldn't be out of the reach of a competant friend with a welder and some metal working experience.I bet a cut down the center line of the fenders, adding several inch wide strip (to make up the width you need) and welding them back together wouldn't be that hard at all. Take your time to not warp the metal and you'd be good to go.

A little tip if you decide to cut them down the middle and weld an extension strip in. Find some copper sheet. Use a strip of copper to back up the area that you are welding. This gives the weld area some support and helps eliminate burn through. Also, the weld will not adhere to the copper, so after you are done it is easy to mave it to the next section. The overall result is a much easier and cleaner job.

Good luck with what ever decision you make.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__