Wild rose ambulance

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Most of these have a master isolator and a box isolator. When you leave it sit disconnect the master and there will be minimal to no drain. I also isolate the box when I am just running around. (I have setup the fridge to work from the front/cab power). Saves me having to stop and turn lights off when it gets dark. Also a lot of them have the high idle option with some hefty alternators. Once you have it running it should not take long to recharge the batteries.

K. Just got to figure out the whole thread thing. Also I was trying to post pictures from my Iphone yesterday and it won't let me. I can't even move them to my desktop and then upload. (can't wait to get my droid back. Iphone sucks) Anyways that's awesome. Lets just see if I can figure out how to remove them! lol

My big disappointment right now is that It won't stay charged. They started it last week for a few hours. Then put the inverter back in. Then it went 4 or 5 days before I went to start it again. And it wouldn't start. Some idiot left the inverter on. So we shut it off and charged her up. Took about 40 minutes. I wanted to drive it home this morning. But it wouldn't start again. After just two days. So they have it plugged in. But it's a trickle charger and apparently that means it's going to take a couple hours.

Le sigh. I'm getting frustrated. How am I going to live in an ambulance that I can't get to start after a couple days. What if I go out to boondock where I can't plug. I'll be stuck forever in the back woods of po-dunk Kansas cause my ambulance is craptastic. (sry...frustrated) There has got to be a ghost pull draining it or something. When I started it Monday I left it run for an hour to charge up. So it's Wednesday...why the hell is it drained already? aaahhhh.

I still love her. Just mad at her.

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Wow! Another ambulance build! Yay, they are catching on! Keep the photos coming!

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
Le sigh. I'm getting frustrated. How am I going to live in an ambulance that I can't get to start after a couple days. What if I go out to boondock where I can't plug. I'll be stuck forever in the back woods of po-dunk Kansas cause my ambulance is craptastic. (sry...frustrated) There has got to be a ghost pull draining it or something. When I started it Monday I left it run for an hour to charge up. So it's Wednesday...why the hell is it drained already? aaahhhh.

I still love her. Just mad at her.

What part of Kansas are you in? I'm also thinking of starting an ambulance build.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I'm still looking at Type lll ambulances for my traveling office/ RV.
Was thinking of placing the toilet on the left rear side and shower on rear right side.
Thinking of this toilet system to reduce plumbing and the winterization for the NE weather.

http://www.dry-flush.com/index.php/contact/

Richard

Justin has a good placement for his Thetford potti--in the LR of coach;
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/117028-MegAmbo-Summary-Thread/page2
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/117299-2004-Ford-E-350-Ambo-Expedition-Camper-MegAmbo-For-Sale-!!-60-000
http://six13metalworks.com/projects/hd-rv/

PS--that DryFlush is pretty innovative. Anyone have any firsthand experience with one?

Last edited:

buba1

Nice build on the ambulance Cost?

Just curious, if it were to buy an RV like a class B or C and not have to build anything vs buy the ambulance, gutt it and build showers, sinks, and webasto heaters, what is the cost of one vs the other?

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
Just curious, if it were to buy an RV like a class B or C and not have to build anything vs buy the ambulance, gutt it and build showers, sinks, and webasto heaters, what is the cost of one vs the other?

There are way too many variable to give you a 100% answer, but generally a used rv will be cheaper than comparably outfitting one yourself.
But, the ambo will be 10x tougher, and doing it yourself lets you build it exactly how you want.

Abitibi

Explorer
X2 plus it will be to your specifications / needs while the flimsy Rv is more like a quick fix. There are some pretty cool rv though (Chinook...) but there will be compromises. It's more about how well you can cope with those.

Cheers
Mr. D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven