Wildernest on a light 2wd truck

spacer

Observer
I'm not sure exactly how much it weighed, but the fiberglass topper I had on my old 2k Sonoma was at least a couple hundred pounds. Not only did it not cause my little truck to squat (I've hauled a heck of a lot more than that without trouble), it actually improved the ride and my off-road traction.
Unfortunately, it seems to have stiffened the bed to the point that any flexing caused my tailgate to come open, but that point became moot when I traded it in.

zoblo

Observer
I recently sold my wildernest and replaced it with a slide in camper. In the process I weighed the truck before I took off the wildernest and after and the wildernest weighed 360 lbs. I have a 92 toyota 4-wheel drive. It sagged a bit in the back and about 10 years ago I added the 4 leaf spring pack that someone mentioned in an earlier message and it made a world of difference raising the back about 2" and leveling things out. Now the tail doesn't drag over ledges etc. By the time i had all my camping gear, water, ice chest, handyman jack and other recovery gear, skid plates, custom bumper etc. I think I was close to max gvw so the spring pack would be worth considering.
I now have a phoenix pop up with a dry weight about 750 lbs and the truck seems to do just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scolpax