Wildlife Photography

daverami

Explorer
Fish Lake, Oregon

A friend of a friend was out on the lake and happened to shoot these pics of this Elk. I would have like to have been there.

FwdFWBul.jpg

FwdFWBul1.jpg

FwdFWBul2.jpg

FwdFWBul3.jpg

FwdFWBul4.jpg

FwdFWBul5.jpg

FwdFWBul6.jpg

FwdFWBul7.jpg

FwdFWBul8.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
For the shot you asked about, the settings were:

Exposure Time (1/25)
Aperture f/3.2
ISO 800

Sorry not sure if I replied to your response but thanks for the details.
1/25 of a sec? Wow, your IS was working overtime! Were you using the aquarium glass to help steady the camera?

I've gone there with f/2.8 lenses but non IS so the pics I got weren't as clear especially of the sea horses.

Next time, I'm gonna rent an f/1.4 from the local pro shop.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Sorry not sure if I replied to your response but thanks for the details.
1/25 of a sec? Wow, your IS was working overtime! Were you using the aquarium glass to help steady the camera?

I've gone there with f/2.8 lenses but non IS so the pics I got weren't as clear especially of the sea horses.

Next time, I'm gonna rent an f/1.4 from the local pro shop.

As I remember I don't think I was touching the glass except for maybe my arm to help steady. I think I just got lucky on that one. The low light conditions did make it a challenge. A lot of my attempts were not keepers.

01tundra

Explorer
This would be a Flying Squirrel traversing a 40" KM2 track.....now how's that for tying in wildlife & off-roading together :)!

FSRelease.jpg

KSJeep

Explorer
Rio Grande River Kayak trip, Big Bend NP. Came around a bend and spotted these wild horses on the Mexico side. We ended up camping there also as it was a nice flat area. Day 3.

2372917760054084051S600x600Q85.jpg

2108226880054084051S600x600Q85.jpg

JeepinBear

Explorer
Several from a Banff and Jasper Trip

This was a GREAT trip. We saw elk, deer, black bear, grizzly bear, bald eagle, and MORE!

By the way, all the bears in this post are all different.

I don't imagine any of these need to be copyrighted.

DSC03119.JPG

DSC03165.JPG

DSC01431.JPG

DSC01438.JPG

DSC01314.JPG

DSC01302.JPG

DSC01528.JPG

DSC01231.JPG

DSC01241.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Wow there are some great wildlife images here. BearinJeep, would love to know where those were taken. Scenic Wonderrunner and KSJeep, love the wild horses, I am hoping once the weather clears up a bit to get out into the high desert and get some more burro and horse images as well.

JeepinBear

Explorer
Wow there are some great wildlife images here. BearinJeep, would love to know where those were taken. Scenic Wonderrunner and KSJeep, love the wild horses, I am hoping once the weather clears up a bit to get out into the high desert and get some more burro and horse images as well.

All of those shots were in the Banff and Jasper National Parks in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal