Wildlife Photography

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
North West Wyoming.. we have lots of these things called wild animals (not cows).

03055.jpg

03056.jpg

03059.jpg

03060.jpg

03061.jpg

Stealth 4x4

Adventurer
Great herp shots Fangars! That baby horned lizard is toast. Gopher snakes are really good predators. I don't know if you watched that encounter all the way through, but I've seen similar things several times, and with one notable exception the gopher snake has always gotten the meal. Again, really nice stuff.

fangars

Adventurer
Great herp shots Fangars! That baby horned lizard is toast. Gopher snakes are really good predators. I don't know if you watched that encounter all the way through, but I've seen similar things several times, and with one notable exception the gopher snake has always gotten the meal. Again, really nice stuff.

Actually we watched for a half hour as the snake made no progress.
The lizard was alive and kicking when we left, that snake would have had to release and then get a head shot at the lizard as it was just not going to go down tail first.
There is a chance the snake could have been so discouraged as to release and leave a bad memory behind. I just did not have time to see how long the drama would take to unfold so up to Lockett Meadow we went leaving them both to their own fates.

There is no privacy in the woods, and there is definately no privacy in the woods on the internet.

2504605700_b228030e91_b.jpg

Richie

Adventurer
Some critters I saw in Ecuador. Unfortunately not the best quality.
ecuadorandtruck242.jpg

ecuadorandtruck243.jpg

ecuadorandtruck245.jpg

ecuadorandtruck061.jpg

ecuadorandtruck062.jpg

ecuadorandtruck200.jpg

Aransas Wildlife Refuge in southern texas
Picture450.jpg

Picture452.jpg

Baja Trekker

cool!

Great shots everyone! I really like the poorwill photos - really cool birds!

Here's a few of my own (copyright g. joder - if you'd like to use any please contact me)

cottontail courtship or levitation
DSC_6689rabbit.jpg

bobcat hunting on deep snow (it was listening for critters under the snow)
DSC_4034bobcat.jpg

bobcat in aspens
greg_joder_DSC_8429bobcat.jpg

coyote
DSC_4162Coyote.jpg

prairie rattlesnake
DSC_5396rattlesnake.jpg

broad-tailed hummingbird
DSC_8739hummer.jpg

bullsnakes mating
DSC_1075Bullsnakes.jpg

:Wow1: