Windows Tablets: Post Here

haven

Expedition Leader
The Samsung Series 7 Windows tablet is up for pre-order on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE700T1A-A05US-11-6-Inch-Slate-128/dp/B005OUQADC

This slate computer has an 11.6 inch color display with 1366 x 768 resolution. The screen supports both touchscreen and stylus input. The processor is a 1.6 GHz Intel I5 dual core model, supported by 4 GB of RAM. Storage is a 64 GB SSD.

The Series 7 has a neat ability to wirelessly connect to a TV with an HDMI port, via an optional adapter. The Series 7 can use a Bluetooth keyboard, as well.

Amazon lists dimensions as 11.66 x 7.24 x 0.51 inches (WxDxH) and 2.04 pounds, only slightly less than a comparable Ultrabook. Price is also high at $1150.

Scoutman

Explorer
Subscribed. I too am looking for a windows tablet for vehicle navigation. I was looking at the Duo but after doing some reading have scratched that off my list.

esh

Explorer
The other interesting thing haven may have posted elsewhere is that *very recently* Intel has been putting a lot of effort into x86/Android OS drivers to get Android to run on x86 hardware. It shouldn't be long before we have the option of dual booting Windows 7 or Android 4.0+ on a "windows" tablet.

I can't wait, and will likely look at tablets aimed specifically for this niche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater