WTB Barebones Slide In Truck Camper

Chowtownsfinest

Looking to upgrade from my previous DIY camper shell setup to something with a little more room and a lot more warmth for wintertime ski camping.

I recently bought a 2014 F-150 FX4 Supercrew with a 6.5ft bed. Previous owner installed air bags with pump. It also has a backup camera and came with the built in step in the tailgate, so I would like to utilize those in conjunction with any slide in I get, if possible.

I really just want something to sit and eat in, sleep in, and stay as warm and dry as possible. I do not want or need a refrigerator, sink, or bathroom. I want to err on the side of lightweight over fully contained.

Budget is limited so that plays in to the lack of amenities as well. Hoping for something in the max $3k range.

Something like the Panther Sierra/Cascade from Best Built/Superior RV, older Capri Retreat/Cowboy/Ranchero, or a gutted insulated hard sided camper.

Last edited:

Chowtownsfinest

This does seem like it might check all the boxes; although if it is a Bel Air topper, then you still have the uninsulated bed of the truck. Thanks for the heads up.
I am in Moscow, Idaho, so it would be 17hrs each way.

Not sure where you are located but I saw this pop up on CL today.

Last edited:

Chowtownsfinest

I am certainly not opposed to traveling for the right camper at the right price. But I edited my last post after looking closely at the photos; it seems to be a Bel Air Shell, not a slide in. I know he says it is insulated in the winter, but my experience in a Leer camper shell is that the weak point for warmth is the bed itself, not the topper.

Road trip? Talk him into meeting in the middle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach