WTB Diesel 4x4 HD Truck - Colorado

tamoneyc

Located outside of Boulder, CO. I don't need anything flashy, just something reasonably priced with a solid maintenance history. Auto or manual, flexible on brands. Doesn't have to be a showpiece. I see a lot of CL and FB but they are always beat to ****, modded to all hell or asking ridiculous amounts of money. I am willing to travel. Nothing against tricked out rigs, I just want something reliable I can use with a slide-in camper. So if you have a package deal feel free to offer.

I also have a Land Cruiser for trade in the off chance that is appealing to someone. Have cash as well obviously.

PM for details and we can exchange cell numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Deshet

Adventurer
I should not ask as I already have too many vehicles, which Landcruiser do you have? (Factory lockers?) I may be interested depending on what you have.

The older reliable diesels are all extremely expensive. I bought a 2000 7.3 excursion limited 4x4 in 2006 for 14,000. That same truck is going for around 15,000 to 25,000 today. Unfortunately, a drunk driver totalled my parked excursion out. I would have never sold it

The majority of the manufacturers had significant problems from about 2003 to 2013 based on emissions requirements. (Some were worse then others, that is reason that you see the all the mods.) By 2005 Duramax had most of the issues resolved and dodge wasn't plagued with as many issues as the others.

I have a few HD 4x4 diesels pick-up trucks (cummins 12v and 24v, ford 7.3 and 6.0 modded, mitsubishi) and will be selling my Toyota Tomboy 4x4 diesel soon.

In my area, the beat work trucks that are mechanically solid are at least 7,000.

A friend is buying the new black widow Duramax for $94,000. My totalled out excursion was about $40,000 new in 2000. A lot folks are buying the older ones because they can do what the new trucks can at less the 25% of the new price.

Good luck with your search

tamoneyc

I should not ask as I already have too many vehicles, which Landcruiser do you have? (Factory lockers?) I may be interested depending on what you have.

The older reliable diesels are all extremely expensive. I bought a 2000 7.3 excursion limited 4x4 in 2006 for 14,000. That same truck is going for around 15,000 to 25,000 today. Unfortunately, a drunk driver totalled my parked excursion out. I would have never sold it

The majority of the manufacturers had significant problems from about 2003 to 2013 based on emissions requirements. (Some were worse then others, that is reason that you see the all the mods.) By 2005 Duramax had most of the issues resolved and dodge wasn't plagued with as many issues as the others.

I have a few HD 4x4 diesels pick-up trucks (cummins 12v and 24v, ford 7.3 and 6.0 modded, mitsubishi) and will be selling my Toyota Tomboy 4x4 diesel soon.

In my area, the beat work trucks that are mechanically solid are at least 7,000.

A friend is buying the new black widow Duramax for $94,000. My totalled out excursion was about $40,000 new in 2000. A lot folks are buying the older ones because they can do what the new trucks can at less the 25% of the new price.

Good luck with your search
Thanks for the reply. My cruiser is a 2001, not the (potentially) more sought after 80 series. I had a '94 but it was not practical for me as a daily driver so it sold it for my current 100 series. Very happy with the upgrade, would not go back unless I hit the lottery and could have a dedicated trail rig. My '01 has the ATRAC and center locker. Some other light overlanding goodies like sliders, inverter, tires and roof box but it is a very mild build. Gets me all the places I need to go without issue. Let me know if you are interested.

As far as the trucks go, I know a lot have issues but luckily at this point they are well documented and most have permanent solutions. If you stay before '08 when the emissions requirements got real tricky, ha. I am leaning towards 7.3 or a 6.0 I can bulletproof later. Due to my budget I think I will end up with a farm truck, but hopefully a fairly clean one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach