WTB F150 ecoboost

Skyjeep

Observer
Hey guys. Looking for a good used truck. If anybody sees one around or has one please let me know.
Would like a 4x4 of course
Ecoboost
Long bed
Crew cab
Max tow package
Bench front seat preferable.
Somewhat built huge plus if done right. Debating on a new one but if I can find a low mile nice used one that'd be great. Scour the web daily. Tough to find.
Thanks a mill!

lcgeek

Observer
Keep searching and you will find one and be glad you did! Here is my 2014 XL Supercrew 4x4 Ecoboost with HD payload package and 6.5' bed and a Snugtop shell. I love the vinyl floors of the XL, but I did upgrade the interior with Katzkin leather :) The HD payload is only way to go for carrying capacity IMHO.

stingray1300

Explorer
Agree with lcgeek, get a tow package. (the HD tow comes with 7-lug wheels... hard to find aftermarket wheels for, if that matters to you). I also agree with getting a SnugTop cap (over a Leer)
I've never put together a build thread, but a few pics, eh?
DSC_0063.jpg
Spray liner flares2 - Copy.jpg
DSC_0090 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0142 - Copy (2).jpg

Attachments

• Spray liner flares2.jpg
    Spray liner flares2.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 93

Skyjeep

Observer
Awesome trucks guys! Exactly what I'm looking for. Can you get the Max tow and HD payload package together or is one or the other? Or is it the same thing...? I would love to find vinyl floors. Pretty hard to find exactly what I want. Debated on a new one but still curious how all the new changes will play out and I know the 13-14's are dialed in awesome.

lcgeek

Observer
Max trailer tow and HD Payload are different options altogether and sometimes a source of confusion. Although most any that have HD payload will also have Max Tow, but not vice versa. To get HD payload you would be very fortunate to find one used. I had a heck of time last year finding a new one in stock. Most often these would have been a custom order...but don't give up hope! Who knows, a dealer might have spec'd a 14' HD and it's been sitting on the dealer lot in tiny town USA somewhere. Search the dealers website, slowly and methodically. You can quick scan the listings looking for higher GVWR number (~8200)
Then fly and drive - roadtrip!

Skyjeep

Observer
Thanks icg!! Are those heavier axles or just just 7 lug wheels do you know? Just curious what more you get on the HD other than maybe an extra leaf spring or something. Thanks for the help. It's a tough search.

Skyjeep

Observer
Also curious. Does yours have the rear locker or lsd?? Wondering if a max tow with some air bags wouldn't be almost as good...?

lcgeek

Observer
HD Payload only comes with 3.73 LSD. Max Tow would be "almost" as good as it has the larger radiator, tranny cooler, etc. It is hard to dissect all the differences between Max Tow and HD because it is not black and white, it depends on which model F150, bed length, motor, etc. As best I can discern, the main differences between HP payload over just Max Tow for a 157" WB Supercrew Ecoboost are:
- high capacity 7-lug wheels
- upgraded springs
- upgraded shocks
- upgraded axle
The net is about 500 additional lbs carrying capacity.

If you are only towing, max tow is probably good enough. It you ever want to put a real camper (not just a camper shell) on yours I'd suggest HD. My 2 cents only.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism