WTB Ford F-350 Super Duty 4X4

Betty Ford

I'm in the market for a Ford F-350 Super Duty 4X4 in good to excellent condition. My preference is for an Extra Cab Long Bed, or Flatbed. My dream rig would be a 7.3L diesel 2000-2003 but I'd also be interested in a newer (2013-2015) 6.7L diesel. If you've got something to sell or know someone who does, I'm ready to deal and I have cash in hand.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 507

60toyetero

Adventurer
have you read on differences between then f250 and f350? I'm not sure on them but I don't think there is much at all. If you are looking for specifics I can look at the code on the truck.

60toyetero

Adventurer
I'm asking 19,500. I'm not sure on that information during the 7.3L years in the early 2000s. From what I'm reading everything was the same except bigger block on the back and badges. The truck does have airbags so a camper is no issue

snowaddict91

Adventurer
I'm asking 19,500. I'm not sure on that information during the 7.3L years in the early 2000s. From what I'm reading everything was the same except bigger block on the back and badges. The truck does have airbags so a camper is no issue

Also yours may have a dana 50 whereas a 350 has a dana 60. Other than that, frame, brakes, etc. are identical. Rear springs may be different/have overloads, but that depends on which package the truck was ordered with. This may impact GVWR.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Dana 50 from the '99+ era wasn't a bad axle. Don't lock it and bounce up the stairs at the park. IIRC plenty of 350's got stuck with them. Never say never, sometimes the factory makes weird combo's for dealer lot trucks. Even in todays computer age and just in time parts. Sometimes the ''just in time parts'' that arrive at the factory are wrong and get tossed on the wrong truck.

Frame's the same, brakes same. Some 350's have random weird option packs or different parts combos that might not mean anything. For example some years one had hydroboost brakes and the other vacuum.

Rear block is two inchs on 250, four on 350.

Some rarer max cargo option packs make the 250 exactly a 350, with a derate and a 250 badge.

If you're after slidein campers, you need to be careful about the 250's GVWR. Otherwise, both trucks are the same.

cleansweep

Observer
I have a 1999 (first year of new Super Duty body style) F350 7.3 TD 4x4 with a brand new aluminum 8' flatbed. The truck runs well but was used as a work truck and is a little rough around the edges and the interior shows its age and use. Has always been serviced by a reputable Diesel mechanic. The only thing that I am aware of that it needs is some front end work as for some reason it does not track well on the highway. It has HD leaf springs etc. Single cab Red in color.
I removed the original utility body and had the flatbed installed about a year ago with the intention of using as one of my daily drivers to haul motorcycles etc but I am now spending most of the year overseas and have too many vehicles collecting dust here in USA. Truck is located in Baltimore MD. I am a partner in the company that has owned this truck since 1999 when it was purchased new and original 1999 title is in my name. Has around 150K miles I think …...Price is $7,500- If interested in pictures and more info send me a PM

Chorky

Observer
I've been seeing more older 9th gen 7.3's pop up for sale the last few days (in western MT through western WA) in pretty good condition as well if that is in your consideration.

Betty Ford

I know. I saw a few that looked interesting. I'll be driving down to Southern CA early this week to look at a couple and up to the Pacific NW to look at a couple more if those first two don't pan out.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a 2013-2016 F350 with the 6.7L diesel VS the gold standard 7.3L diesel engine? I realize the newer ones are more complicated, and require DEF and low sulphur fuel. But what's reliability like? The rubber seals on the 17-18 year old trucks are drying out and seems like that might be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach