WTB: High Rise Shell/Camper for 2nd Gen Tacoma

cdory22

Hey Y'all
I've been looking for the last few months for a high rise camper shell or potentially slide in camper for my 2nd gen 6 foot bed Tacoma to replace my cab-high snugtop and make it more livable. About to graduate college and plan to move into my truck for a few months between the end of my lease and remainder of my seasonal job. Currently only looking at hard-sided options as I will be spending most of my nights in a more urban setting where a popped tent might not be appreciated.
The constraints I've narrowed down are:
5k max
Around 36 inches high to allow for a sleeping at bed-rail height and still be able to sit up
Under 500-600 pounds (for this reason I have been looking more at shells instead of slide-in options
A Radica Moonlander would be a dream with being able to sleep lengthwise but out of my budget and so few used with it being a newer brand.
Been looking at bel-air camper shells, callen campers, cascade panthers, roamin chariot (despite being a pop up), tradesman, ARE, diy builds, or lesser known brands
Definitely not looking for anything too fancy, but something that will make dirtbagging around a bit more comfortable.
Located in Bellingham, WA but willing to drive for the right opportunity

Thanks for reading

Cheers,
Joe

Last edited:

Zillon

There's a high rise ARE DCU on the east coast for a pretty decent price on FB marketplace, located in PA.

I've also been searching for a cap for my Tacoma since I cancelled my LP order, had to scale back the cost of my setup drastically. Not much out there.

cdory22

I appreciate it! Unfortunately the east coast is a bit out of my reach this summer but that seems like a great option for what I’m looking for. Every so often I’ll find a good deal but it’s either too far away or won’t fit a 6 foot bed Tacoma

CoryQuackenbush

@cdory22 I have a 6ft Moonlander for sale in Flagstaff, AZ. it came from a 3rd Gen Tacoma, fit my 2019 Colorado great and I believe should work with previous model year Tacomas. has 175W solar, 2 sliding side windows, MaxxAir fan vent, and a puncture in the rear hatch from a branch I backed into :cry: (can be seen in the third pic, hasn't been an issue with rain or when I went to the car wash this past weekend). I'm asking $5500, message me if you want more info, measurements, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3