wtb kimberly kamper caravan

rehammer81

Link doesn't work. Look/search here in the forum and you will find a couple for sale currently.

Last edited:

Romer

Adventurer
those links don't work unless you are using the app. There are threads on two Karavan's for sale on this forum. One is a 2020 and another is a 2011. Page down or search and you will see them

Mine isn't for sale :)

rehammer81

These things don't come up that often. If you think you are going to wait for a steal of a deal on one you will be waiting forever. Just not paying for the importing and taxes on one is a deal.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Romer

Adventurer
These things don't come up that often. If you think you are going to wait for a steal of a deal on one you will be waiting forever. Just not paying for the importing and taxes on one is a deal.

I am not sure what you are mean. I did not have to pay extra to import or taxes other than the normal ones you pay when you register a new or used vehicle. They have an import license and it comes with a title accepted by any US state DMV

rehammer81

I am not sure what you are mean. I did not have to pay extra to import or taxes other than the normal ones you pay when you register a new or used vehicle. They have an import license and it comes with a title accepted by any US state DMV
That's interesting. Maybe I'm using the wrong term? Everytime I priced out a new Kimberley there was an extra substantial cost to get your order from Australia. There was always the MSRP + options and then that extra cost that would, for me anyway, just push the cost beyond a reasonable number to consider. Of there was then going to be normal U.S. tax, title and license. Maybe that has changed? This has been over the past few years as I was looking at trailer options.

bomar

Adventurer
@rehammer81 It is expensive for Dave to get the trailers over to US now compared to years ago. Plus you have a 8 to 12 month lead time on Karavan's (I think)

Also the great part is you have him now where not too long ago we just had each other. So like Ken and many others we all know these trailers and past owners.

It is a tight knit group.

I hate the current issue I am in and I have to get out of my Karavan (as I sit in it and type this post).

I can tell you these don't disappoint and the reason many of us have owned many of them.

You can buy mine at a discount to a 2024 and not many features have changed and no wait.

Romer

Adventurer
That's interesting. Maybe I'm using the wrong term? Everytime I priced out a new Kimberley there was an extra substantial cost to get your order from Australia. There was always the MSRP + options and then that extra cost that would, for me anyway, just push the cost beyond a reasonable number to consider. Of there was then going to be normal U.S. tax, title and license. Maybe that has changed? This has been over the past few years as I was looking at trailer options.

I bought mine in 2015 directly from the factory so maybe things have changed. There was normally a $5000 shipping charge, but they waved that for me as they had an extra slot since they were already making a shipment. You are probably right that things have changed. Afterall they have to support a USA dealer so cost for that has to be built in. I guess I was just great with the timing :)

rehammer81

@rehammer81 It is expensive for Dave to get the trailers over to US now compared to years ago. Plus you have a 8 to 12 month lead time on Karavan's (I think)

Also the great part is you have him now where not too long ago we just had each other. So like Ken and many others we all know these trailers and past owners.

It is a tight knit group.

I hate the current issue I am in and I have to get out of my Karavan (as I sit in it and type this post).

I can tell you these don't disappoint and the reason many of us have owned many of them.

You can buy mine at a discount to a 2024 and not many features have changed and no wait.
Don't get me wrong, I think the Kimberley trailers are great. I've always liked the Karavan a lot. I just can't afford one. Since their new prices are what they are, their used prices end up higher than I would be willing to go for a used rig. Maybe someday. I have recently gotten into a lightly used 2022 Boreas EOS-12 so I am no longer in the market. I have nothing negative to say about the Kimberley's though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle