WTB Land Rover LR3

Lauradventure

I’m open to all years and am looking for one that has rear diff lock if available. Could also go without depending on what pops up. I’m hoping to have an adventure vehicle to get in a couple snowshoeing trips before the season ends.

gabrielef

I’m open to all years and am looking for one that has rear diff lock if available. Could also go without depending on what pops up. I’m hoping to have an adventure vehicle to get in a couple snowshoeing trips before the season ends.

The HD (Heavy Duty) option is super desirable, but even if you can’t find one, you’ll probably never need it. Depends how technical of trail you’d want to do. You can always add the ARB rear air locker and it’s a great option.

I’ll keep my eyes open, I’m always looking to see what’s available. My LR3 has nearly 278K miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauradventure

That’s amazing and thank you! Can i ask how long you’ve had yours and what upgrades if any you’ve done? Thanks!

Laura

There is literally the nicest Lr3 in the country for sale in so cal for 11. I might drive there from Sedona and buy it. At least go check it out for us. Its on Facebook marketplace. A 05 HD with good history.

gabrielef

That’s amazing and thank you! Can i ask how long you’ve had yours and what upgrades if any you’ve done? Thanks!

Laura

I bought it with 74K miles back in February of 2012. She’s been such an awesome rig. Just finishing up Baja with it now! Did amazing.

gabrielef

There is literally the nicest Lr3 in the country for sale in so cal for 11. I might drive there from Sedona and buy it. At least go check it out for us. Its on Facebook marketplace. An 05 HD with good history.

It’s an ‘05 though, the one year with some electrical and fuel injector issues. It’s probably fine, but ‘06-‘08 has been the LR3 sweet spot.

Lauradventure

There is literally the nicest Lr3 in the country for sale in so cal for 11. I might drive there from Sedona and buy it. At least go check it out for us. Its on Facebook marketplace. A 05 HD with good history.
I see one for 12,500 on marketplace but don’t see the one you’re talking about. Do you have a link? Thanks again!

It’s an ‘05 though, the one year with some electrical and fuel injector issues. It’s probably fine, but ‘06-‘08 has been the LR3 sweet spot.

So you're saying every single 05 LR3 has failed. Every single one of them.

Lauradventure

That is priced way too high. I bought an 06 with 140k for $5000 last year. Keep looking! Make sure to get V8!
SoCal has been a weird market. Another HD i looked at had severe transmission slipping and needed a new control arm and went for 7k with 121k miles. I know it’s on the high side but it seems at though this owner kept up maintenance. It’s also honestly the only one with the tow package posted within a 100 mile radius. It’s possible prices are more reasonable in other areas so if anyone sees one out of state that looks good i might be down to travel or ship it. Thank again for all your input I truly do appreciate it!

Laura

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal