X4 Tent Pod?

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I don't know if anyone has been looking to buy ones of these but they discontinued this model and are coming out with something new.

CobraNutt

Yep...replacing the X4 with their new "Explorer" model. Same size, but without the aluminum panels to deal with, and I'm sure a couple other differences.
Explorer.jpg

For those that are interested in some real life experience with the X4...

I have had my X4 since the end of April of 2014 (I own the prototype), and have had a BLAST with it! It's been all over Utah in a lot of varied terrain without a single issue. Well...except the fenders that they replaced after my very first outing. I ran down the Pony Express Trail and the washboard roads rattled the welds right off the aluminum fenders. lol! :) It pulls well, and relatively light (~850lbs), so I hardly know it's back there...until I hit some decent grades. My Jeep isn't geared quite right for how I want it to tow, but it does ok. I DO want to get my brake controller installed so I can benefit from the trailer brakes when descending! I've done very little to the trailer other than keep it clean and the tent folded properly (and dry!). I've added fuel cans to the tongue, a Max-Coupler hitch (Highly recommend for off-road terrain), and matched the wheels/tires to the Jeep. I'm working on a way to get rid of the silly ratchet strap that holds the panels in place when traveling...other than that, it's the same as I purchased it! It's not for everyone! I find it a much better Base-Camp setup than an daily break-down-and-move-camps setup. If you're going to be somewhere for a few days, it's perfect! It's not bad to put up and take down, but the panels make it a bit clunky. No biggie...I'm just old and lazy!

Here are just a few of the places I've dragged my X4...

1st trip...Pony Express Trail (May 2014)
IMG_0288-M.jpg

Couple days along the Duchesne Ridge (June 2014)
IMG_1393-M.jpg

Hauling support gear for mountain bike group along the White Rim Trail for 4 days...AWESOME TRIP!! (March 2015)
20150314_154514-M.jpg

IMG_3826-M.jpg

3 days out in SW Utah along the Nevada border on a Ghost Town tour (April 2015).
Finally got my extra fuel onboard for this trip! I needed it!
IMG_5091-M.jpg

Lately, it's become my kayak hauler as well. I had some custom load bars made to pin on the trailer...they work great!
20150511_193601-M.jpg

Strawberry Reseervoir (October 2015)
20151011_090225-M.jpg

Lots of adventures so far...MANY more to come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven