Yellow power wagon expedition vehicle

titleguy

Observer
Ok, about 10 years ago I remember seeing a few articles on an old yellow power wagon that was pretty well equipped for expeditionary travel. I think it even had an epirb.

Anyway, I can't find it. I thought one of the articles was on off-road.com, but I've been looking and I can't locate it. Any help?

titleguy

Observer
Pretty interesting what you can do with unlimited money. I can't be the only one that remembers this power wagon though.

RR1

Explorer
Is it this?

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/featuredvehicles/131_0802_1971_dodge_power_wagon/index.html

131_0902_01_z+2008_best_4x4_trucks+1971_dodge_power_wagon.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
never seen this footage before...it's insane. I mean, how Jeremy looks younger, with fuller hair...

:)

titleguy

Observer
No this was an old power wagon from the 40s or 50s. The guy had it set up for long range back country travel. He had a host of electronics in it, water tanks, EPIRB, I think it even had a sunroof. It was a total ground up custom rig. I think he had a few hundred grand in it. If I remember correctly he may have built it for death valley.

It was sick.

titleguy

Observer
No it, wasn't a carryall. It was a truck. I remember it being for sale back then. I've been searching internet archives to see if I could find it. I just remember finding the build intriguing back then, although I can't exactly remember what was so cool about it now.

Just so I'm actually contributing and not just asking a stupid question in this forum, here's a cool build thread on a local guy's WC-53. I think it got totalled a while back though.

http://www.bugoutwhale.com/showthread.php/724-Mcinfantry-Ultimate-B.O.V?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Titleguy, I'm sorry you haven't got the answer you were looking for, but WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!!

titleguy

Observer
Titleguy, I'm sorry you haven't got the answer you were looking for, but WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!!

LOL, seriously, it's hard to imagine any vehicle having more character than these old power wagons. I've always been a Jeep guy, but if I ever did a retro build, one of these old carry-alls would be the ultimate.

Just too cool.

And you never know, the more people that look at this thread, the greater the chance of someone remembering that truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk