Yeti cooler vs. Pelican cooler

HAFICON

Adventurer
Just an update so far with the 65q Pelican cooler I am very happy. It will hold ice for 14 days easy more water than ice closer to 14 day but was freezing cold water. It was inside the cab of the Jeep the whole time top on average outside temp of 80deg.

landsharkman

Adventurer
Main downside to the Pelican for me is they are bigger and heavier for the same capacity, other wise they are both very good. For work though we are getting the Pelican with wheels, size will not matter because it is going in our 10 ton grip truck. Personally I have a couple of Engels Deep Blue coolers but use my ARB fridge the most

daniel3507

Observer
I've had a yeti 65 for I think 4 years now. I've had to replace it under warranty 3 separate times in those 4 years. Each time the lid has bowed. The sides start to curl up to the point where the cooler lid doesn't seal. A cooler that doesn't seal is basically just am expensive box. This past cooler had the same issue plus a problem with the drain valve leaking. I can say it works fantastic when it's new and in working condition and have never had a problem getting them to replace it. But for the price it I shouldn't have to worry about it having a problem. Because of the issues I've had with it I will get a Pelican next time.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I'll stick with my Engel Deep Blue over the yeti any day. The pelican is a tad better made I believe but the size/capacity is a bit crazy to me. What i did prefer on the pelicans were the locking mechanism but the Engel 80 has yet to let me down.

daveh

Adventurer
Interesting how I've never had a leaking Coleman but the high end units seem to have issues. I have a pelican that is leaking from the drain. Unfortunately the warranty on the drain is only 90 days and I was past that before our first trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven