All Terrain Warriors campers

dlh62c

Explorer
Is this the result of the ATW/Sportsmobile partnership? Or maybe a model ATW plans to export?

ATWatSEMA2012.jpg

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand this to be a vehicle that Sportsmobile solely developed for the FUSO 4x4 cab and chassis for the US market.

I hope the new front bumper will have just a little bit more coverage at the front corners.

I'm going insane waiting for pictures of the new ATW & SM partnership vehicle.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand this to be a vehicle that Sportsmobile solely developed for the FUSO 4x4 cab and chassis for the US market.

That is correct Daryl and again...it has only been fitted with ATW parabolic suspension and ATW wheels. The new camper is still under development .

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
That is correct Daryl and again...it has only been fitted with ATW parabolic suspension and ATW wheels.
John,
Are the ATW parabolic suspension and wheels available from a US distributor? If not, is there any time line for those items being available on this side on the pond ?
Thanks,

whatcharterboat

Yes Mog.....Sportsmobile West is now our North American agent and at this stage are selling our suspension, wheels and ATB front diffs under the All Terrain Warriors USA banner, hence the signage in the Fuso cab at the Sportsmobile West stand at SEMA.... they should now be able to handle any and all enquiries from your region.

Regards John

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Hi John,
Any more news on the auto?
Thanks,
Chock

Hey Chocko....how are you mate?

Nothing new to report since the initial test drive. As I said before, acceleration, uphill pulling power, etc are off the scale and then the thing cruises at 100kph@1800 rpm!!! That first auto truck is now waiting to have the new camper fitted so we won't have any more to report until it hits the road when completed. We have a "pre-production" batch of 4 new campers under construction and it is number 2. The first one is an FG84 too but on coils and it is now also getting an Allison in the next month or so. That decision to fit the auto into our own 84 (that's the one on coils) took about 30 seconds to make after that first test drive .

#3 is a crewcab NPS and #4 is a single cab NPS. We are looking at the possibility of a future Allison / NPS conversion but at this stage, coming up with a design for a new bellhousing to suit that Isuzu engine is in the too hard basket.

Last edited:

Bajaroad

Adventurer
Parabolic Springs

Hi John,

I may consider the parabolic springs that Sportsmobile will offer, so I have a couple questions for you.

Compared to stock, how is the ride on the road? I assume they are more plush over bumps and do better offroad, but how do they perform in terms of body roll? This is something I'd like to improve.

How much lift (height) is added compared to stock?
And finally, what weight are they ideally suited for?

Thanks, and hope everything is going well.

Brent

whatcharterboat

Wow Brent, Long time......how are you going? I was hoping you might have been out at OvEx earlier in the year. Maybe next time!!!!

The ride is excellent compared to stock.... on road and offroad. Ask anyone . Body roll depends entirely on how well matched the springs are to the weight of the truck but as a general rule it is reduced. If the springs are set up too light then yeah....you can get increased roll but they are extremely plush...too plush . Then if you set them up too heavy then body roll is all but eliminated but the ride bcomes a little harsh but still nothing like standard. The over-rider spring comes into play a lot with reducing body roll.

Lift and weight varys...parabolics are really cool things....they move so much....basically we just add more leaves if required but they still move freely and carry load well whether we set them up for 4 ton or 7 ton. ...so it might be 3, 4 or 5 leaves. All the leaves are the same length so it's easy to do. Probably best if you spoke to the guys over there and if possible get a split weighbridge measurement so we all know what's going on and then make a plan.

I just did a 600km road trip in an NPS 300 that weighed around 4.8 ton with plenty of overhang and high CoG .... parabolics were a dream on that thing.

Brent, take care....kind regards John.

whatcharterboat

Hi Brent,

Just got these from one of the guys at work who owns this neat 637 crewcab fitted with parabolics.I'm sure the pics will explain it better. Also he says it will go much higher without lifting a wheel (right up to the rock in the foreground) but this was really interesting...that when he put the truck up on these rocks once before to take a couple of pics, the doors all jammed up from the body twist......with the parabolics there was no binding and virtually all the twist was in the axles where it should be rather than the body.

SDC13790.jpg

SDC13791.jpg

Last edited:

Bajaroad

Adventurer
Hi John,

Wow, looks great. I have my front/rear weight measurements somewhere. I will look for them and let you know. I think my overall was 11,200 lbs (5 metric tons), maybe 12,000 lbs with a trips worth of stuff.

I would have gone to the expo but just returned from a week on the White Rim trail and had to get back to work.

I've been real busy....married a wonderful woman and we have a baby girl on the way....actually she is due tomorrow! Wow. Life is good. Time to install that baby seat.

Brent

whatcharterboat

Brent, a new family!!! How good is that.!!!! ....I am sure that there are more than a few ExPo members here that know your story and would join me in a sincere "congratulations" on this news.

Maybe next year at OvEx.

Kind Regards John.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Brent, a new family!!! How good is that.!!!! ....I am sure that there are more than a few ExPo members here that know your story and would join me in a sincere "congratulations" on this news.

Maybe next year at OvEx.

Kind Regards John.

Yes that is great news! Glad to hear things are going well Brent.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I've been real busy....married a wonderful woman and we have a baby girl on the way....actually she is due tomorrow! Wow. Life is good. Time to install that baby seat.

Brent

Brent:
Congratulations. I am happy to hear that good news.

Kerry

patowhf

hi guys, i am from Chile so i apologize for mi English.

1.- for the all terrain warriors guys they could post more viedeos in his account in youtube.
2.- i like to see som pick or videos of a scout whit a fuso crewcab please.

gretings to all. and cool work.

whatcharterboat

hi guys, i am from Chile so i apologize for mi English.

1.- for the all terrain warriors guys they could post more viedeos in his account in youtube.
2.- i like to see som pick or videos of a scout whit a fuso crewcab please.

gretings to all. and cool work.

Hi patowhf,

Welcome to the forum. Please don't apologise for your English. I am sure that we all understand your message and are so glad to have input from Chile.

1) we are planning to take plenty of new video this year. We also build commercial vehicles for mining and tourism. This last 18 months has been huge for us in those areas and there hasn't been much time for getting out and doing the fun stuff. We are looking at buying some go pros and getting some fresh video of the soon to be released Global Warrior.

2) we have never built a Scout on a FUSO Crewcab and we do not build the Scouts any more. We have a new model now called the Global Warrior. No photos have been released but one of the first units is on a Crewcab Isuzu NPS which is very similar to the FUSO Crewcab.. The new Global Warrior will be eventually available in LHD .....are you able to buy a LHD FUSO Crewcab in Chile?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger