All Terrain Warriors campers

patowhf

hi, thanks for the reply.

yes in chile there is some crew cab canters, at least in Iquique were i live. but it is a special situacion because here we have zofri so many vehicles arrive whith the drivers seat in the right side and here ar change to de left side. but you can buy a new crew cab to. as a special order.
here in chile there is not many laws who restrict the caracteristic of a car or truck. but models of these caracteristics are rare, so you have to order directly form the builder.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Originally Posted by whatcharterboat
Hi David, how are ya mate? Haven't spoken for ages. Hope you and Dee are well.

Next week. It's obviously our new camper and we're aiming for next Wednesday completion...then photo shoot then will post pics straight away.
Looking forward to seeing this, I hope you include some additional information like the system used to lower the tires to the ground etc. But just looking at the rear end of it it seems like you should have chosen the name I submitted )

Taken from the Iveco Thread rather than take that thread further OT....

Here is a pic of our new wheel lifter that utilizes a 15,000 lb winch to lift the double wheel frame and of course that can also double as a very useful recovery winch.

image.jpg

Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
..here is a pic of our new wheel lifter that utilizes a 15000 lb winch to lift the double wheel frame and of course that can also double as a very useful recovery winch.

Awesome!

You and your team certainly know your trade.

Is there some sort of manual provision to lift the double wheel frame and spares should some one not have a 15,000 winch?

daryl

whatcharterboat

you could use a hi lift jack if all else fails.

Good point Alan....if you were carrying one of course. There's also a way you could tie a rope to it and drive forward to lift the frame as there is a pulley block on the A-frame that would easily allow this....but Alan, this is all in the unlikely event of a winch failure. It works beautifully with the big winch.

And Daryl we're planning on doing the big winch as a standard feature. The option was to offer a small boat trailer/ATV winch in place of the big one but there's just as much work to install a small one anyway and it is such a handy and useful feature as I mentioned in the other thread.

BTW Only a couple of days away from completion now.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

AeroNautical...thank you for our comments.

Did you get my PM? ......again, apologies for any confusion.......too many long hours in the shed with pizza and cafeine for dinner.
Kindest regards, John.

Magazine shoot tomorrow , handover to the customer on Friday morning.

Last edited:

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
AeroNautical...thank you for our comments.

Did you get my PM? ......again, apologies for any confusion.......too many long hours in the shed with pizza and cafeine for dinner.
Kindest regards, John.

Magazine shoot tomorrow , handover to the customer on Friday morning.

Hello John,

No problem about the PM's, and I don't doubt that your considerable workload has resulted in a vehicle which exceeds all expectations, and is one which sets a new benchmark.

Regards,

Cal.

whatcharterboat

Finally...it was 2 years ago when we started on the initial concept CAD work for this project.........And it is still very much a work in progress.....after spending the last 4 hours in a debriefing meeting , there are so many things we will do differently next time.

However this is the first prototype that has been completed. Built for a family of 6 to travel from Sydney to Paris. Shipping out of Darwin to Dilli in 3 weeks and heading up through Indonesia.

These pics were shot on Friday and are the only low res shots that I've been given by our photographer so far........I expect to receive all of the shots after next weekend and I will post everything up then.

These photos that I am posting up here on ExPo are the first published shots anyone has seen so any feedback is welcome. If it gets the Doug Hackney tick of approval, I'll be very happy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the only good internal shot I have until next week......It is taken sitting on the queensize rear bed looking forward. The large bed above the dinette at the front is an option and is on struts that allow it to hinge up out of the way. The dinette also converts to a double bed and the rear seat of the Crewcab also makes a comfortable bed so I think the 4 kids will be fine. The table is split in two on separate Lagun arms so they can come together to make one table or be split or even taken outside.

The timber was kept to an absolute minimum as we aren't really fans of timber but the trim you can see is solid teak that has been oiled.....it is the only timber on board....every other panel is either moulded infused vinylester / foam panel or starboard. The bench tops, step treads, vanity basin are black granite-look Polystone and are a mirror finish.
image.jpg
Shower is in the entry and all signs of plumbing are hidden away so when you open the entry door you can only see an inviting step well. House batteries and battery management are under the floor hatch.

4electric actuators are buried in the bodywork and are strong enough so as too not require further scissor style bracing. The body is 4700mm long by 2150mm wide and will fit to a single cab or Crewcab Isuzu NPS, single cab or dual cab FUSO FG and interestingly to Unimog U1700L's.

Our only regret is that the development has taken so long to date that a couple of prospective customers who were signed up for an early prototype had to pull out along the way and we certainly hope we can make it up to them down the track.

Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
Truly an AWESOME vehicle!

I applaud the work you and your staff put into the effort. You have some very talented and skilled people working at ATW. Taking a collection of individual piece parts and building such an incredible vehicle isn't a easy task.

daryl

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman