The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Great pics. Still love the KISS factor. I just got back from three days in Death Valley. I love my rig. Kinda wish it had a heater but we made it through the dastardly 40 degree temps.

hoptroll

Pool Boy
I have a 2000 manual v6 taco and I notice a huge difference with speed. I have seen as high as 22 (almost 23) and as low as 14 a couple of times. Key to the good numbers was speed and easy on the skinny pedal. Stock height, BFG AT 31x10.5, variety of loads. Need to get a scan gauge.
Your camper looks great!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Great pics. Still love the KISS factor. I just got back from three days in Death Valley. I love my rig. Kinda wish it had a heater but we made it through the dastardly 40 degree temps.

Thanks. 40ºF sounds like a dream, we have finally seen something above 0º. Why do I live here?

I hope I was able to keep things simple with my camper, sometimes I wonder....

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I have a 2000 manual v6 taco and I notice a huge difference with speed. I have seen as high as 22 (almost 23) and as low as 14 a couple of times. Key to the good numbers was speed and easy on the skinny pedal. Stock height, BFG AT 31x10.5, variety of loads. Need to get a scan gauge.
Your camper looks great!

Yes, I have done as good as 25 mpg and as poor as 14 mpg. I wonder why the Tacoma is so variable in the mpg it achieves?

I have found that braking as little as possible is the key to good mpg, as all the brakes are doing is making heat from the gas energy.

I think all vehicles should have a scan-gauge like readout standard.

Thanks for the kind words on my camper.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
snowy traveling in the mountains near Steamboat

yckg.jpg

chvy39z

Observer
My Tundra seems to get better mpg in the mountains than on the flatlands. I have gotten upwards of 22mpg in the mountains. I've noticed it with different vehicles also even a dodge with the cummins diesel. Oh by the way Nathan I have camped in that area up the road from steamboat also. Not a bad area.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
My Tundra seems to get better mpg in the mountains than on the flatlands. I have gotten upwards of 22mpg in the mountains. I've noticed it with different vehicles also even a dodge with the cummins diesel. Oh by the way Nathan I have camped in that area up the road from steamboat also. Not a bad area.

But I want to get my top mpg all the time! :)

The area north of Steamboat is definitely an area I will be returning to. I would like to go back when the roads through the higher passes and mountains are open, as there are a couple routes I would like to take.

below, Steamboat

xd4r.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears