Bigwapiti's 2011 Tundra build...'BIG NAMBE'

jnhenry

Awesome build. I'm looking forward to future posts. I'm trying to decide if the Tundra woud be good for a North to South America journey. Would you hesitate to take the truck on such a trip?

Jeff

rambrush

Adventurer
Looking great, I would also suggest relocate that trailer receptacle. I ripped mine off multiple times and it now sits behind the license plate which is hinged. Plug it in and bring the plate back down so its readable.

Guri

Explorer
Looking great, I would also suggest relocate that trailer receptacle. I ripped mine off multiple times and it now sits behind the license plate which is hinged. Plug it in and bring the plate back down so its readable.

This happens to me too. I really disappointed that a off-road truck have the receptacle so exposed. I would like to relocate it too. Do you have some pictures?

Edit:
I found this thread:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/67104-wire-harness-relocation.html

Last edited:

MINO

Adventurer
Next mod in play ~ OME CS055R leaf springs + Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 kit...

Regards,

BWJ

Have you made any progress on the Loadlifter? I was going to go with Hellwig add a leaf with the OME but they don't work together.
I'm now looking at an Airlift, Coachbuilder spacers and Daystar Cradles to keep the articulation.

thanks!

aires35

Adventurer
Let's try this:

You should check out Zidaro's build and his airbag solution.

Installed the Rear Solstice lights today, rear fill valves for airbags on bumper as well.

DSC_0013-4.jpg

Rear airbags to support a load when its in and give the suspension the ability to work (bags at 4#) when there is no load. Using Slamspecialities.com SS-8 2800# 8"diameter bags, 13" travel.

psngr side
DSC_0012_2.jpg

DS
DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

You should check out Zidaro's build and his airbag solution.

Last edited:

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Plano AW gun case is in...

All,
I have been quite busy in the off-season with various other projects, however, the modding bug is still present in my system...Recently, I cam across a great deal on an all-weather gun case at my local Wal-Mart. This is the bigger brother of the double pistol case that I got at the Bass Pro shops catalog outlet several years ago. It is molded in a material that is not as robust as a Pelican, however, my recovery gear never complained so I bought case. It was $ 69 + tax. There are several nice features that include the following: pressure relief valve, a sealed gaskets, pick and pluck foam and dual lockable hinges. I chose to mount this case in my Baja Rack and I bolted it down with 5 u-clamps. The holes are sealed with Pell door / window flashing tape. I will have my recovery gear more accessible if the tire carrier / tailgate were to become blocked.
Here is the original case with my recovery gear in it.
I was able to reuse the picked foam from the double pistol case without any issues. The case is big enough for my synthetic rope extension, my tree saver and snatching ropes. The sesamee locks tuck right into the case itself...
Enjoy!
Regards,
BWJ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78