2023 Ford Raptor- Continuation

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Sold the Raptor. Absolutely amazing truck, the suspension was incredible, overall by far my most favourite truck i've owned.

Sold it as it did not tow enough weight for me, it's rated for 8200lbs, and the brakes, engine, etc are all capable of well over 10,000lbs in normal F150's however that suspension that is incredible off road is just too soft to tow. It would squat quite a bit with a 3500lb trailer behind it.

Replaced it with a 402A Tremor, same antimatter blue as a previous truck in this thread. Awesome truck, but I do miss the suspension on the Raptor (obviously)

Did the usual Bistein 6112 front/5100 rear combo, and threw the factory forged beadlock's and 315/70/17 KO2's off the Raptor on the truck. To my surprise they fit just fine with zero trimming and zero rubbing with the level. I am 100% certain you could fit bigger with a little trimming as well. Pretty impressive.

Stock:

IMG_4656.jpg

Really ************ flat light in the pic, but leveled with the raptor wheels/tires

IMG_4725.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Sold the Raptor. Absolutely amazing truck, the suspension was incredible, overall by far my most favourite truck i've owned.

Sold it as it did not tow enough weight for me, it's rated for 8200lbs, and the brakes, engine, etc are all capable of well over 10,000lbs in normal F150's however that suspension that is incredible off road is just too soft to tow. It would squat quite a bit with a 3500lb trailer behind it.

Replaced it with a 402A Tremor, same antimatter blue as a previous truck in this thread. Awesome truck, but I do miss the suspension on the Raptor (obviously)

Did the usual Bistein 6112 front/5100 rear combo, and threw the factory forged beadlock's and 315/70/17 KO2's off the Raptor on the truck. To my surprise they fit just fine with zero trimming and zero rubbing with the level. I am 100% certain you could fit bigger with a little trimming as well. Pretty impressive.

Stock:

View attachment 806858

Really ************ flat light in the pic, but leveled with the raptor wheels/tires

View attachment 806861
What’s the payload numbers raptor vs tremor?

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
What’s the payload numbers raptor vs tremor?

1350 Raptor, 1650 Tremor.

The 300lb's is alot in payload #'s, however the biggest difference is the coil sprung 5 link, vs the leaf sprung (with an overload) in the Tremor. Handles weight MUCH better.

Raptor stock not levelled with a bunch of rake hooked up to to 3500lbs sat noticeably slightly front high, the Tremor levelled with very little rake sits dead level with the same trailer. 3" of squat vs 1" measured.

I need to tow (6000km round trip 1-2x per year...) 2 X3's (2100lb each) + 22' trailer (2800lbs) so ~7000lbs. The Tremor is far more suited to that.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I love that you stayed with the AB paint, it’s hands down my favorite Ford color at the moment and the reason I bought a F-250 Tremor in AB. I’m not much for half-ton trucks but I’ve gotta admit that I do like the F-150 Tremor, any other mods/accessories planned for it?

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Not much, likely air bags and aux lighting.

I really like the AB as well, but hate how easily it scratches.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.

Stock:

View attachment 806858

View attachment 806861
I am bummed you sold the raptor but that bottom picture looks ridiculously sick.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Thx haha. I miss the Raptor as well, but I needed more truck less toy lol

I bought and built a new X3 that is the pre runner/toy

Still surprised these 315/70/17's fit without rubbing, even stuffed.

View attachment 807064
I understand completely. The Tremor is a sickkkk truck and those Raptor wheels fit it so well. I think they had know that Tremor owners would want to throw 35s on. Plus they've got about 17 years of designing F150s to fit 35s.

I understand wanting to use the toys and needing something that can haul them more reasonably...

ricoisme26

@McCarthy how does the tremor handle with the 6112/5100 combo vs the factory tremor suspension? I have driven a Tremor and loved it (BIL's previous truck) and I just purchased 6112/5100 for my worn out 2012 F150 hoping it ride will be able to hold a candle to the stock tremor's ride quality.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
@McCarthy how does the tremor handle with the 6112/5100 combo vs the factory tremor suspension? I have driven a Tremor and loved it (BIL's previous truck) and I just purchased 6112/5100 for my worn out 2012 F150 hoping it ride will be able to hold a candle to the stock tremor's ride quality.

Depends on the use, the 6112/5100 combo is a far better shock than the factory tremor shocks, however they do ride firmer than stock in a good way. Off road they are an excellent combination. The digressive valving helps soak up larger impacts, and they ride very good in general. I've run them for probably a half a million KM on various F150's since 2013 and keep coming back to them.

Close friend of mine owns a logging company with about a dozen of F150 crew trucks that quite literally live off road, and the 6112/5100 combo is what they run as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998