Pull-out Kitchen Thread

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
This is a good suggestion. My Kimberly has the slide out kitchen and the fold down support legs really add to the stabilty when set up. Would be pretty simple to add into the design and well worht the effort in my opinion.
In my own design I am hoping to not need support legs. The design is based on not needing them, but no calcs have been done yet so I've no idea if they will be required.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Ahhh....the drifta stuff...yes very inspiring....he was supposed to set up a USA operation but I think it fell thru.....nice stuff and well thought out. As to the model he uses (his wife) I sure hope he knows what a lucky Aussie he is....:sombrero:

After seeing many "slide out" kitchens one of my concerns are the weight carrying capabilities, which I guess could be augmented with some drop down support. Some "face space" is lost due to the actual mounting of the slide.

I use a triple burner stove and would like a wash/rinse tub also. The running hot water would be the ultimate!! Then you need food prep space and implement/pan storage. The Drifta type design eliminates any loss face space(say for drawers or doors) ample fold out and connect design offers gobs and gobs of possibilites with storage and counter.

I think if you slide it out and support it with a leg, it is a better option....take the money you were gonna spend on drawer slides and get yourself some nice non-stick cookware.....:) or better yet a hot water heater!!

And yea..I totally agree...she could set up my camp kitchen anyday...very easy on the eyes..:Wow1:

Pat

805gregg

Adventurer
These kitchen are way too big. You only eat so you have the energy to do stuff, (hike kayak, bike etc.) I can do a kitchen and carry it on my motorcycle. I do all the time. I think the kitchen should be as small a simple as possible. You will have more space to carry toys.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
These kitchen are way too big. You only eat so you have the energy to do stuff, (hike kayak, bike etc.) I can do a kitchen and carry it on my motorcycle. I do all the time. I think the kitchen should be as small a simple as possible. You will have more space to carry toys.
As far as my girlfriend is concerned, the kitchen IS one of the toys. :sombrero:

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader

That's wonderfully closed minded of you. Thanks for sharing.

Here is what I did with my Conqueror Conquest.

Very nice! Now, what was the reason for that vs. the kitchen it came with?

Honu

lost on the mainland

WOW :) i used to do a lot of bicycle touring ! you had to use a motorcycle !
and backpackers can say wow I carried everything on my back !
I spent 6 months with no kitchen living off the land a knife and spear fishing that was it !!! I used sticks to cook that I had to gather each night or use hot rocks
I can say having a decent kitchen is much nicer than cooking on sticks and rocks :)

when you have kids and family having a nice comfy kitchen setup is a luxury of why I have a trailer I can pull out and fix a nice meal and put away quick easy and not be eating off the ground !

to each their own I say its like snowboarding and skiing ! just get along who cares as long as we are all having fun

Uys

Observer
Very nice! Now, what was the reason for that vs. the kitchen it came with?

Thank you.

It didn't have a kitchen when I bought it, I got it second hand with only about a 1000 km on from a guy that went bankrupt. So I decided since I got it for such a bargain, that I could splash a couple of bucks on it.

Honu: Interesting how may guys I see here that is also on www.4x4community.co.za

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Here are few shots of the kitchen on my KK trailer. I thought they might throw out some ideas for those designing their own.

Jul202008009.jpg

Jul202008011.jpg

Jul202008010.jpg

Jul202008008.jpg

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Here is a photo of the kitchen setup fitted to the Cub off road campers.
(deleted Image)

cheers

How does that bottom shelf work? Is that just the cover for the top that is suspended below after the drawer is pull out?

Any more pictures of the setup?

-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78