Pull-out Kitchen Thread

dustboy

Explorer
I found this distributor from another thread:

Austin Hardware

They have a lot of neat goodies for custom body fabrication.

I'm not real impressed with their pricing, but I haven't found another source for this kind of hardware.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I bought from Austin several years ago when I built a locker. I believe that you can order the Southco stuff direct, but I have not compared pricing. McMaster also has some of those same products. Searching "drawer hardware" turned up a bunch of companies that are new to me.

A minor epiphany this morning; I need a propane port somewhere in my Kitchen Box so that I can also run the Camp Chef Sport Utility stove, a bbq, or something else propane fueled if needed.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
CampaUSA makes a nice kitch for their trailers and EVS. I have used one - very compact and simple, but well built.

kitchen2.JPG

adventurebuddies

Adventurer
Name of the business? Do they have a website? Thx

Got more info. They are called Ditto Sales. The slides come in a box of 5 pairs and will cost more than $135. Doesn't look like I can get just one pair, so I might order a box if there are other interested buyers out there. So, would the 3 others who posted a response for more info be interested in buying a pair if I ordered the whole box? Cost would probably be closer to $200 with freight, but still much less than any other option - especially since it doesn't seem that anyone else even carries them in 72".

Lead time is about 6-8 weeks for arrival to Indiana. I would need full payment up front from people who ordered if anyone is interested.

cgalpin

Observer
Can you provide more info? Pictures? What material is it made of? Are they locking? How far out do they slide (or is that the 72")?

I may be interested in 2 pairs, but need more info before committing. how can we be sure these are good quality?

Thanks,
charles

wgwood

It's just my opinion that he's being closed minded. Don't be harsh on my opinions! :)

Yeah,

I was just teasing ya. I am thinking about building a lightweight trailer that is mainly storage and a galley, with water, batts, propane etc. I like the idea of a slide out kitchen and then I came across this trailer: LINK

Obviously the wheels and suspension would need to be upgraded if taken off road, and it would not work with a RTT, but for cooking and carrying gear to campgrounds it might be feasible.

Has anyone had any experience with these:

DSC06169.JPG

Sorry for the hijack.

Regards,
Greg

G-force

Adventurer
Just sent them an e-mail, asking for a prize quote on 3 packs of different size slides, shipped to Norway.

Lokking forward to their answer.

Keep you posted.

REasley

Adventurer
The Allegis catalog lists telescopic rails with a stroke of 75.43" with a load capacity of 692 lbs. When I spoke to the sales rep he said they do not stock them but they are available. The bad news is in quantities of 1 pair he estimated a cost of between $600-700.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Back on the first page I posted a picture of my proposed 'drawer', which does not use long slides because of their cost and space consumption. The pull-out for the stove does use them, but at that size & weight requirement they aren't too bad. I used p/n's from McMaster-Car, so I'm sure that some diligence would find those for less though perhaps not as easily sourced.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I'm curious how you determine what weight rating the slides should have for your own particular kitchen?
Is there a rule of thumb you follow? Double the max estimate of what everything that you plan on putting on the main slide and that is your safe point?

If/when I design and build one of these after building a trailer, I'm pretty confident I would include legs at the far end for stability. Considering I will always be camping with little ones, I think overbuilding something like this would be a good idea. My little guy seems to think it's fun to hang from the top rack of our dishwasher... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle