Pull-out Kitchen Thread

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
For things that are going to see dynamic loadings I use the RoT of assembly mass X 3 to size tubes, hardware, etc. It's not perfect, but it's better than a wet thumb in the wind.

womacje

Adventurer
Drawer slide sources/alternate extention methods

For those of you who have purchased or found good resources for slides, post up links or prices.

48" Accuride 300#'s $100 on amazon.com
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DT4X2I/sr=8-1/qid=1284048040/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1284048040&sr=8-1&seller="]Amazon.com: Accuride series 9301 Slides 48 length: Home Improvement[/ame]

sorry for the huge link.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Just dragging this up from the pseudo dead in hopes of more photos or ideas to be posted. My wheels are turning and I think I have come up with a winter project for my trailer/kitchen set-up. I have been using my wooden chuckbox that I built:

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

While this box has been really good to me, and works like a champ, its kind of a pain to drag out of the trailer and set-up, especially if we are only staying one night, on our way to another spot. So... I figured I could modify my recently finished trailer to have a more permanent (for the trailer) pullout kitchen system. I will likely have it pull out basically where the propane tank is currently stored. It will be the full width of the trailer, and be gadjet intense, but easily opened up.

DSCN1798.jpg

I will incorporate a LOT of counter space over the fender as well, as that is one thing I need more of when cooking.

Getting excited planning this all out, just trying to narrow some stuff down. I will post more when I figure it out. I do plan on building my own slides/rollers, but it will use a quick adjusting leg set-up on the outer edge to support the weight. Main reason is to cut down the costs, and free up the space that would normally be taken up by a 'manufactured' slide.

Anybody want a good used chuck box? :D

~ Stump

Last edited:

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
On mine (which I STILL haven't finished), I've done away with slides completely. I'm using a pair of lawn mower wheels on the inside and adjustable legs on the far side that I got off of Amazon. That way I take away a couple of pieces of ply wood and the extra space that I would need for more intricate kind of slide. Hopefully I'll be able to start back on that project in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to the gadgetry you mention though.

Don

-

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Well....

not exactly pull out...

more like "fold down"...

but it's gonna work for me:ylsmoke:

I believe ol' Stumpy's walking away with the crown on this one......

Attachments

• kitch8.JPG
    kitch8.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 314
  • kitch6.JPG
    kitch6.JPG
    368.4 KB · Views: 298
  • kitch7.JPG
    kitch7.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Absolutely! Beats my plastic boxes by a mile! Let me know if you are serious about getting rid of your chuck box for :beer:, :26_34_3:eek:r $$$$ :chowtime:

Im serious...

I will not let it go till I am done with the new kitchen though. I will put you in line if you want it!

~ Stump

Zelix

Adventurer
Im serious...

I will not let it go till I am done with the new kitchen though. I will put you in line if you want it!

~ Stump

WoW... Man that's cool. I'm knee deep in the middle of designing my camp kitchen or I'd wanna be in the cue...:Wow1:

I can't wait to see your new creation. :ylsmoke:

womacje

Adventurer
"I do plan on building my own slides/rollers" Stump,

Do you have plans for the slides? or is this another genius creation in your head?

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
"I do plan on building my own slides/rollers" Stump,

Do you have plans for the slides? or is this another genius creation in your head?

Making stuff from plans is boring.

Just need to figure how things work, then figure out how to make them work like I need them to. The rest is downhill. :victory:

Honestly not sure what they will consist of, but I will post up when I tackle it.

~ Stump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle