How to store Scepter Funnel?

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Eventually gasoline, in volume, will soften PVC pipe but like Kurt said, for this tiny volume.....

I keep a trans funnel under the hood of one truck. Keep the top stuffed with red rags, and give it a rinse before use.

yeah, no doubt "The Plumber's Funnel Holder" thread has already been started. Simple minds are easily amused.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Maybe I'll just machine one out of titanium, submit it to the MOD for type approval, and avoid the problem. ;)

Oh yeah, SONOFAWITCH! the Scepters are hard to open! I need to pack an oil filter wrench too. I wonder if a wee bit of oil on the threads would help.

crusader

Adventurer
Oh yeah, SONOFAWITCH! the Scepters are hard to open! I need to pack an oil filter wrench too. I wonder if a wee bit of oil on the threads would help.

I always have diesel all over mine and it doesn't seem to help. I end up straddling the can and using a pair of gloves and my kung-**** grip, hoping not to burst my juggular in the process.

IggyB

Adventurer

Use a strap wrench to open and close the MFC. Tighten as much as possible by hand and then give it a little more with a strap wrench.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I always have diesel all over mine and it doesn't seem to help. I end up straddling the can and using a pair of gloves and my kung-**** grip, hoping not to burst my juggular in the process.

That's what I did. Sat on it.

LOL on the childproof canisters. I'd put my son up to the challenge anyway. I wouldn't let him play with a CARB can.

adi

Adventurer
Use a strap wrench to open and close the MFC. Tighten as much as possible by hand and then give it a little more with a strap wrench.

This is what I do. My brand new gas cans seal better than my older diesel cans (even with new gasket), but I have carried both inside my vehicle with zero odor.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
A standard ratchet strap becomes a quick strap wrench in a pinch, used it repeatedly to open stubborn MFC's.

User_Name

Adventurer
That'd be pretty cool and might work pretty well! Only potential issue: I wonder how ABS or PVC hold up to gasoline? Anyone who has (attempted) to put gasoline in a styrofoam cup or a milk jug will know what gasoline can do. Diesel shouldn't be an issue.

I made jerry can funnel holders out of schedule 40 pvc pipe for my work service truck, they were always getting coated in grease, gas, and diesel and never had a problem with the pvc getting soft or brittle after 5 years of use.
I think sunlight is harder on pvc then occasional splashes of petroleum.

92hdj81

Observer
I saw this thread and decided to make on out of ABS pipe.

What you need:
4" screw plug
4" Adapter
3" TO 2" coupling
2" pipe
2" cap

So for about 25 bucks you get this:

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Cheers

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I'm assuming you could paint PVC right?
Thinking that would help with any degradation from sunlight.
(In my setup, this thing would always be stored on the outside of the vehicle, or in my garage.)

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Good job guys. Am I the only one who's funnel has a clear rubber funnel tube? I see lots of corrugated plastic, mine is a clear hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78