How to store Scepter Funnel?

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Good job guys. Am I the only one who's funnel has a clear rubber funnel tube? I see lots of corrugated plastic, mine is a clear hose.

Mine is clear as well - I ordered and received mine this summer, probably about 1.5 months ago now.
Maybe the newer ones are coming with the clear hose now?

crusader

Adventurer
One more thing to consider...

92hjd81--

Did you by chance drill a tiny vent hole in the cap? I'm just wondering what happens if you cap it on a cool morning and try to remove the cap in the afternoon after the air inside the black ABS has heated up. I imagine it can only develop a couple of psi of air pressure in there, but I wonder if that would make it difficult/impossible to remove that cap by hand. Same holds true when a vacuum develops if you close it up hot and try to open it when it cools off.

Probably nothing, but something to consider...

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
There is also a metal diesel spout that locks to the inside lip of the can. I can get pics if interested.

While the early 'blitz' style external thread spouts are designed to work in the Scepter MFC's, I've never heard or seen Scepter actually offering their cans with that style of spout. My guess is the military spec'd that the internal threads be retained to allow use of all the thousands of spouts they had in tool boxes all over the world?

92hdj81

Observer
Didn't think of that, I guess I will see what it does and go from there.

Cheers

92hjd81--

Did you by chance drill a tiny vent hole in the cap? I'm just wondering what happens if you cap it on a cool morning and try to remove the cap in the afternoon after the air inside the black ABS has heated up. I imagine it can only develop a couple of psi of air pressure in there, but I wonder if that would make it difficult/impossible to remove that cap by hand. Same holds true when a vacuum develops if you close it up hot and try to open it when it cools off.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
92hjd81--

I don't think it would be a problem.

EricGagne

Adventurer
92hjd81--

Just leave the spout out in the open air for a few minutes. It will be dry by the time you're finished puttting back the gas cap, closing the jerry can(s) and put it back wherever you keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears