How to store Scepter Funnel?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
So, I got myself two Scepter MFCs to use, and the funnel. The typical one, black cap with the long clear tube. But what I'm not sure is the best way to store the funnel. I need to keep it clean, probably more than normal because my Disco2 doesn't have a fuel filter. So what's the best way to store these? It's kinda oddly shaped and needs to be kept clean.

barlowrs

Explorer
A standard quick fist will fit the base of the plastic spout (the black part) while a mini quick fist fits the other end of the spout. You can make some caps for it to keep it clean if need be.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
No, no pouch. Just a thick plastic baggie I had to tear open. What does the pouch look like? I'll have to make one.

crusader

Adventurer
Pouch:

Scepter spout pouch:

4978871545_ecb5e2996e_z.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
My first nozzles came in the pouch, all the subsequent ones did not rather came in the disposable bag. Wonder if there is an actual part number for the storage bag.

Explorer
I use the vac seal food bags. When I need to open it I cut one end, then roll it up and put a clip on it. I left the bag a little long so I can reuse it plenty of times.

A more durable option would be a PVC tube capped on each end.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Mine didn't come with the pouch either.
I've been thinking about the same thing recently...
I will start looking for a proper sized tupperware or equivalent container that I can also mount on the little rack I'm building.
It would fit in a standard 50 mm ammo can, but you have to bend it in half to do so, and I think over time the tube will get brittle and eventually crack and fail.

lowenbrau

Explorer
I'd be making a trip to the hardware store plumbing dept and coming up with the right mix of PVC or ABS pipe and reducers with a threaded cap but that's just me.

crusader

Adventurer
I'd be making a trip to the hardware store plumbing dept and coming up with the right mix of PVC or ABS pipe and reducers with a threaded cap but that's just me.

That'd be pretty cool and might work pretty well! Only potential issue: I wonder how ABS or PVC hold up to gasoline? Anyone who has (attempted) to put gasoline in a styrofoam cup or a milk jug will know what gasoline can do. Diesel shouldn't be an issue.

4987426559_7fbf6c5431_z.jpg

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
For the minimal amounts (if any) of gasoline left in the spout, it should be a complete non-issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears