trooper trail shots

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Mistake. :sombrero:

Coulda told ya that. :sombrero:

You could always sell the Jeep and get yourself back into a nice used Trooper. They're out there.

Bart

PS - Just had to rib you about the Jeep a little. No offense or anything. :)
man I never understand why folks seem to have so much trouble w/ XJ's ... I have had 3 of them and absolutely no probs. They have gone everywhere I pointed them and they last forever 250K to 300K is just normal.Built up they go anywhere and stock almost anywhere. I have never strengthened a uni-body except the steering box area and never had a crack or warp. Every time I read stuff about how bad they are I'm just mystified!!!! Tons of room, fairly comfy and a huge market support plus cheap parts. Whats not to like?:coffeedrink:

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
As for Jeeps, I actually do like the older Cherokees. If was ever to buy a Jeep, that's what it would be. Althogh some of the newer Wranglers are looking pretty sweet.

I just prefer the body-on-frame stoutness of the Troopers, plus I like the taller boxy design. Oh, and there's the whole fact that 90% of the 4x4 on the road are already Jeeps and its more fun/cooler to be different. :wings:

Bart

bobDog

Expedition Leader
As for Jeeps, I actually do like the older Cherokees. If was ever to buy a Jeep, that's what it would be. Althogh some of the newer Wranglers are looking pretty sweet.

I just prefer the body-on-frame stoutness of the Troopers, plus I like the taller boxy design. Oh, and there's the whole fact that 90% of the 4x4 on the road are already Jeeps and its more fun/cooler to be different. :wings:

Bart
LOL yeah I can see the cool factor!:coffeedrink:

dippitydoo

Here's a few of mine. Old thule rack on. I replaced it with shorter legs :) Unless you have more than 2 people, I cant see needing the roof rack. The trooper is a cavern inside. We can get all 3 of us and the dog with all the camping gear no problem.

Philipsburg Montana

We stole our friend's garden gnome and took it to Montana. That is a thread all by itself though.:victory:

MarlinVX

Observer
I have my two Zus, my 01 Vehicross-front aussie, 34" kevlars, diff drop, prototype torsion bar link, and a ton of other stuff:
CopyofDSCN7907.jpg

IMGP1291.jpg

My wife drives a 93 trooper RS, same setup as mine, except 33" treadwright mudders, and no IFS kit.

IMGP1611.JPG

IMGP1610.JPG

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
man I never understand why folks seem to have so much trouble w/ XJ's ... I have had 3 of them and absolutely no probs. They have gone everywhere I pointed them and they last forever 250K to 300K is just normal.Built up they go anywhere and stock almost anywhere. I have never strengthened a uni-body except the steering box area and never had a crack or warp. Every time I read stuff about how bad they are I'm just mystified!!!! Tons of room, fairly comfy and a huge market support plus cheap parts. Whats not to like?:coffeedrink:
No Xj has ever gone 300K without MAJOR MAJOR repairs (watter pumps, crankshaft-sensors that blow the ECU's) and constant manit. And then by that point they'er so rattley and squeeky I could hardly stand to drive mine. Bottom line, XJ's are run and dispose of rigs IMO. Certainly very capable, but just not a long-term dependable vehicle. But hey, that's why they make Toyotas eh ;) Owned MANY Xj's... Owned ONE Toyota (driven LOTS more and I will NEVER go back to Jeeps.

I can see why you miss your Trooper mate. Far better rigs aside from the IFS (wich in an expo rig is hardly a big deal eh...) I LOVED the 91 Trooper I grew up with (minus the 2.8L GM V-6... WORST motor ever made) so much load capacity, big wheel wells, nice, solid frame and a nice rugged simple interior (in the 1st Gen's anyway). Were it not for the HORRIBLE engine that Isuzu put in it (one of the myriad of reasons I hate General Motors) it was an amazing truck. ours i STILL running around as a hunting rig and the guy who bought it has LOVED it since he drove it off our property. course he droped in a diesel of some sort and away she went ;)

I love troopers plain and simple. VERY underrated 4wd's IMO.

Cheers

Dave

Van_Homan

Adventurer
Not really a "trail shot" but I'm getting it (the Trooper) ready for some up coming trips and thought I'd share.

In the works is a week at LBL, and I want to focus on the activities more than the vehicle (that's proving difficult). I want to spend equal time wheeling, kayaking, hiking, biking, and resting lol

Rack15002-1.jpg

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Yes Van, she looks great, sorta makes me wish I woulda left mine white!!

The roundies are from 1986 year Troopers and earlier.

Bart

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
I am so desperate to get a weekend out camping in Trooper. Maybe if the weather permits I will go next month...just need a few warm days. :costumed-smiley-007

Bart

bobDog

Expedition Leader
You worried that some one might see the plate #? OMG only 10,000 folks +/- see it everyday. What is wrong w/ people.......it has to be due to some urban legend.:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12