Aluminess Products Inc. Sponsors Expedition Portal

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
A big thanks to Aluminess Products Inc. for supporting Expedition Portal and helping to make our online community possible.
Van in Desert.jpg

Aluminess Products is the leading manufacturer of Aluminum bumpers and offroad accessories. They have been manufacturing aluminum bumpers for 10 years, during which time they have proven that aluminum bumpers can be made durable based on the engineering design of the bumper and the aluminum alloy chosen for certain parts, while still being lighter than steel bumpers. Their bumpers weigh an average of just 85 pounds!
dave general 243.jpg

Going lighter with aluminum also prolongs the life of brakes, alignment, suspension, tires, and even saves fuel. Aluminess bumpers have proven tough enough to protect against deer, elk, bear, other vehicles, and even K-rails.

"Aluminum does not rust and with our tough, attractive, powder coated finishing, your bumper, ladder, storage box or other Aluminess products will maintain their finish for years to come. Our bumpers are all aluminum construction with off road light mounts and locking storage compartments front and rear. Rear bumpers may be ordered with tire racks and storage boxes mounted on the optional swing out arms. Carry extra fuel, firewood or a generator in the handy storage box. Install a winch, or keep your tools, tow strap, leveling blocks, and tire chains in the lockable bumper compartments."
dodge 06 21sm.jpg

Aluminess is always interested in expanding their product line so if you have a need for a product but don’t see it on their website, call them to discuss a customized product to fit your application. Oftent with just a few measurements they can create prototype bumpers, roof racks or other custom accessories.

Thanks again to Aluminess for supporting Expedition Portal, give them a call to get your rig trail ready!

page1-1009-full[1].jpg

RR 20.jpg

FourWheel Camper on a Chevy Chassis with Aluminess Rear Bumper.JPG

Aluminess

Observer
Thanks!

A big thank you needs to go out to all of our customers that are also members on the forum. Without your enthusiasm and dedication to quality products we would not be in business. Also a big thank you for all of you who have donated your vehicles to us to create new products and expand our line. We look forward to working with other members and making new friends as we become more involved in the community.

Aluminess Products
619-449-9930
aluminess@sbcglobal.net

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Well, I was so impressed with the 4th generation body stlyle Power Wagon totally decked out at Overland Expo this year that I ordered an exct replica of the front bumper that was on it for my 2006 Power Wagon. The Aluminess guys have been great, looking foward to that bumper. I come into close contact with wildlife on the rural roads I always travel and really want the extra protection.

Michael

Adventurer
Aluminess installed a front bumper on my 2006 Tacoma about 7 months ago. I had something a bit different in mind than what Aluminess had in stock but they were very patient and worked with me to come up with a modified design I really liked. I also asked them to add a 2" receiver to the front bumper and a skid plate underneath that matched up with the stock skid plate. I've used the new bumper on the trails quite a bit in the last 7 months and I'm completely satisfied with the build, fit, and finish. Since it was installed, I've added lights, a 10K winch, a mount for a solar panel, etc., with no problems. As I had hoped, the light weight of the aluminum bumper has had no impact on suspension, braking, trim angle, or handling.:sombrero:

Attachments

• Aluminess Bumper.JPG
    Aluminess Bumper.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Taco Solar Panel_2.jpg
    Taco Solar Panel_2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Dave and crew at Aluminess are great people and build great products. Glad to see you guys here and supporting the forum!

bat

Explorer
Michael
The bumper looks great any idea how much it weighs and the solar panel install is very cool

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks.

I'm fortunate to live close by the Aluminess factory. It's an amazing shop to visit. The crew there are working on a vast array of products geared toward the offroad enthusiast or anyone looking for lightweight protection for their vehicle.

I was fortunate to have my vehicle serve as a guinea pig for a prototype rockshield to protect the front undercarriage of my '07 Dodge 2500. With the airdam removed or with many aftermarket bumpers installed,this area is quite vulnerable to damage from road debris, etc.

They came up with a sturdy,practical design that can be removed for servicing easily. The new design is further refined.

Thank Aluminess!

Dave Anderson

Aluminess

Observer
Well, I was so impressed with the 4th generation body stlyle Power Wagon totally decked out at Overland Expo this year that I ordered an exct replica of the front bumper that was on it for my 2006 Power Wagon. The Aluminess guys have been great, looking foward to that bumper. I come into close contact with wildlife on the rural roads I always travel and really want the extra protection.

We are super close to getting that bumper done. We are trying to get a 06-09 Power Wagon in our shop for a final test fit to add some additional bracing to handle the winch in any circumstance. This has proven to be pretty difficult.

Just yesterday when I was running an errand I happen to see a Power Wagon stopped at a traffic light, knowing how difficult it has been to get one in our shop I jumped out of the car and tapped on the guys window. A big buff Marine in full Camo peered back at me through the tinted glass, gave me the bird, and then looked like he was reaching for his glove box. I quickly jumped back in the car and prayed for the light to turn green. Dave told me that I should have followed the guy and risk my life, I told him he couldn't afford to lose an employee like me.

So, if anyone knows someone who has an 06-09 Power Wagon in Southern California that would be willing to stop by our shop for a test fit (and gas money) we would love to hear from you. One of our other contacts is on vacation and we can't get him into the shop for a while and we don't want to hold up the bumper much longer.

Last edited:

Aluminess

Observer
Do they make anything for the Jeep JK?

We do make bumpers for the JK's. The only pictures I have are a bit of an extreme example. This customer had some pretty custom stuff he wanted done. We can slim these bumpers down quite a bit and do custom brush guards for you as well.

jeep9-10-10017.jpg

jeep9-10-10023.jpg

jeep9-10-10005.jpg

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
We are super close to getting that bumper done. We are trying to get a 06-09 Power Wagon in our shop for a final test fit to add some additional bracing to handle the winch in any circumstance. This has proven to be pretty difficult.

Just yesterday when I was running an errand I happen to see a Power Wagon stopped at a traffic light, knowing how difficult it has been to get one in our shop I jumped out of the car and tapped on the guys window. A big buff Marine in full Camo peered back at me through the tinted glass, gave me the bird, and then looked like he was reaching for his glove box. I quickly jumped back in the car and prayed for the light to turn green. Dave told me that I should have followed the guy and risk my life, I told him he couldn't afford to lose an employee like me.

So, if anyone knows someone who has an 06-09 Power Wagon in Southern California that would be willing to stop by our shop for a test fit (and gas money) we would love to hear from you. One of our other contacts is on vacation and we can't get him into the shop for a while and we don't want to hold up the bumper much longer.

WOW!! I appriciate the effort here.... some people in California are so uptight, glad you are OK.!!!! It's no big deal to take as long as you want, I am in the middle of a nightmareish job down in Roswell, NM, where my Yamaha Rhino is taking all the abuse now and my PW is kinda getting a break. So I don't have time to install it anyway till I'm done with this contract. I will go back to the Dodge forum and try to get somebody back in there. I do REALLY appriciate the extra effort and especially adding bracing cause I honestly, truly overuse my equipment and need very stout, tough tools, equipment and vehicles for the forestry contracting buisness.. My truck being tool number one to me. Take your time and do it right the first time.. no worries mates! :) ***ALSO--- anybody willing to stop by there shop with a 3rd Gen body style I will send you gas $$ for time/effort, ect. *** (within reason)... :)

Michael

Adventurer
Michael
The bumper looks great any idea how much it weighs and the solar panel install is very cool
I don't know the exact weight of the old or new bumpers, but I'd guess the bumper weighs about 60 lbs more than the stock bumper. This estimate does not include the winch of course. One of these days I'll weigh the stock bumper but right now it is tucked up into the rafters in my garage.

Thanks! The solar panel is mounted to a pole that sits in a socket inserted into the 2" receiver and it is held vertical by a bracket near the top of the license plate. When I'm not using the solar panel, the pole extends to a height of about 10' to hold a solar shower bag or my Coleman lantern at night. My next plan is to mount an HF antenna on it for long-range comms with ham radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle