Trasharoo Question

Ramjet

Explorer
No worries.

Ramjet, i apologize if your bag rubbed through the coating on your wheel. This would the first example i've heard of this happening. Are those wheels Teflon coated? Was the bag properly tightened? Here's a video clip of making sure it's properly tightened.. http://www.youtube.com/user/Trasharoo

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions you can give us a call directly at 714-854-7292 or email us a info@trasharoo.com

Dave Druck

It was properly tightened. I also had to tighten it up several times from the trail runs. Nothing harsh, just driving up the mountain and back down on tight switchbacks. Like I said before, I will continue to use it. Trail damage, no matter where it happens, is part of what we do. I now know that I need to protect it somehow in the future. The stove did rub a few holes in my Roo as well, but nothing the sewing machine won't fix with a quick patch.

Also, I have continually kept my Olive Roo on for several months, and it has yet to fade.

I would like to offer an upgrade idea. After opening the flap you should have a buckle at the top of the opening to prevent severe sagging. This occurred often as I was on my trip last week. It sagged so much that it actually pulled it loose. That's why I had to tighten it so much. If there was a buckle at the top of the opening it would help prevent this from happening. Thank you for making such a great product, and I will continue to purchase and use my Roo everyday.

Cheers

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Jason, received the photos.. thank you for that. We'll talk back channel.

As far as the sagging goes, we are working on a horizontal bone strap linking the two x-straps together.

Ramjet

Explorer
Customer Service at it's Finest.

Jason, received the photos.. thank you for that. We'll talk back channel.

As far as the sagging goes, we are working on a horizontal bone strap linking the two x-straps together.

Wow!:Wow1: Thanks, Dave for taking care of me and the issue I had and also sending me out a new Roo :wings: for the one that was damaged on my trip. Now that is customer service at it's finest.

STREGA

Explorer
I have the Black TRD Rims and it rubbed the rim on one section all the way to the metal. Also, it was only a four day trip with two days on trails.

Also, if you need an idea on how to clean it, just throw it in the washing machine inside out and it cleans it just fine.

Thanks Ramjet, I was wondering if the trasharoo would rub on the wheel since the spokes are fairly outboard on the TRD wheel, but like you said if you use your stuff its going to get scratched/dented sooner or later. Even though the PETT toilet is plastic I have a canvas bag I carry it in and hopefully that will help prevent damage to wheel or Trasharoo. Sounds like Trasharoo customer service is awesome, I'am looking at getting a couple bags that they are making for the So-Cal teardrop trailer when I pick it up next month.

Ramjet

Explorer
Thanks Ramjet, I was wondering if the trasharoo would rub on the wheel since the spokes are fairly outboard on the TRD wheel, but like you said if you use your stuff its going to get scratched/dented sooner or later. Even though the PETT toilet is plastic I have a canvas bag I carry it in and hopefully that will help prevent damage to wheel or Trasharoo. Sounds like Trasharoo customer service is awesome, I'am looking at getting a couple bags that they are making for the So-Cal teardrop trailer when I pick it up next month.

Post pics when you can. I've been thinking about a SoCal teardrop for a few months now.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yes were making some totes that are designed to work with the teardrops. Our prototype should be done next week and then we'll go into full production. They're great totes for carrying anything that you need to pack around in and out of the rig, camping or even hiking, mtn biking, working from the car.. etc.

I'll have full details later on this and so will SCT.

Sawyer

Adventurer
Are there any plans to make a trasharoo with solid pockets and flaps that buckle similar to old alice packs???? I would love to be able to put recovery gear in the external pockets and I am worried I might loose something using the existing mesh pockets?

Lucky j

Explorer
I love mine, but that is a mod I had to do to keep it in place on my tire. Using the tire support as a holding point with the added strap going under and around it.

Other thing i would like to see, is a larger gauge zipper on the top pocket. I'm always afraid that it will give when I use it.

But loved it, use it camping or off roading to pick up trash left by other people!

Also use it as a car back pack for my tow strap and other extraction hardware to keep dirt out of the jeep until I can clean them after the trail !

Expedition Leader
My Trasharoo in action a few days ago:

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I recently used mine on my trip to Mammoth Lakes but this is the best picture I could find of it LOL...
DSC_2834.JPG

What I do is use a small trash bag in the rig (plastic grocery bag), whenever we have trash from stopping for lunch on the trail, and also while in camp. I then throw those bags into the Trasharoo. This way, I minimize any further clean up on it.

I also used it to transport the firewood I brought for the trip and didn't notice any issues with wear.

One question someone can answer for me is if the straps are supposed to be crossed over behind the spare or if putting them on straight up is enough? I crossed mine thinking it would be more secure. Lord knows I don't want to be responsible for a giant bag of trash falling off my rig and hitting and possibly damaging another car/driver.

here's an idea for the Trasharoo team... I saw another spare tire bag/wrap on the trip which unlike the Trasharoo, had a pockets on each side. I like that since I could use it to store my strap on one side, a 1st aid kit on the other side, & then the trash in the middle.

If you did do that, I'd be happy to beta test it for you as well.

Last edited:

Expedition Leader
One question someone can answer for me is if the straps are supposed to be crossed over behind the spare or if putting them on straight up is enough? I crossed mine thinking it would be more secure.

Me too; don't know how it's supposed to be done but the straps were long enough to go crossed over my 33x10.5x15 mud tire so that's the way I did it and it hasn't loosened yet.

craig333

Expedition Leader
I leave mine on full time. I use a trash bag inside "now". Haven't seen any fading but I sprayed it down with 303 anyway. Can't hurt.

2 E L O

Adventurer
Has anyone tried mounting a Trasharoo around a pickup tailgate like they advertise on their website? I was thinking of mounting one like that on the hatch/tailgate of my Tahoe but I wouldn't want to bugger up the paint real bad.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78